NCAA Tournament

6 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

I loved the watch party Friday, but does the tweet referring to "there will be bleacher seating available mean there will not be chairback available like last Friday?  Also, in case one would want to go elsewere, does anyone know of a sports bar in the area who has committed that it will be shown there, or a likelihood of such?

I think they said "bleacher seating" last week too but everyone was sitting in the chairbacks

Excellent article from the Massilon Independent

https://www.indeonline.com/sports/20181203/akrons-latest-college-cup-soccer-run-has-been-its-toughest

“Sometimes things just take time,” Embick said. “I remember saying at the beginning of the year this may be a bumpy ride, we may be inconsistent, but if people give us time and stick with us, I think we can be pretty good at the end of the year.”

• Like 1

I apologize for posting too much....I am just excited about what this team has accomplished

I know that it is popular on this board to bash the hometown newspaper....

But, I think that the Beacon has done a great job of covering the team this year....and I think that Marla Ridenour is a very good writer

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20181204/college-cup-zips-find-belief-in-system-each-other-to-recover-from-6-6-2-start

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TennZip said:

I apologize for posting too much....I am just excited about what this team has accomplished

But, I think that the Beacon has done a great job of covering the team this year....and I think that Marla Ridenour is a very good writer

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20181204/college-cup-zips-find-belief-in-system-each-other-to-recover-from-6-6-2-start

Don’t go changin fer me, TennZip.

ABJ is doing a righteous job of late.  Marla is superb, as always.  Fantastic article, among her best.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TennZip said:

TennZip.  You are awesome.  You are bringing a complete soccer novice like me some working knowledge.  Huge thanks.

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 3

Posting too much?!! How can one post too much positive stuff about the team he loves?!! Keep up the great work @TennZip Remember, FAN is short for FANATIC!

I've been too busy with work the last few days, especially on travel. So, I greatly appreciate everything you've posted here to keep all of us informed. Heading to LA from Albuquerque tomorrow. Planning to be in Goleta/Santa Barbara on Thursday. Hope to see our team, let them know I'm there, others are coming and that many more are supporting and cheering for them back home. (I'm sure they know, but it doesn't hurt to reiterate to them how much support they have.)

GO ZIPS!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TennZip said:

I apologize for posting too much....

Your 400 (exaggeration) posts about this elite program is 399 posts more than what the MAC Twitter account has made about the Zips soccer accomplishments. In fact, that might even be wrong because I believe the one mention on their Twitter was a retweet.

Never apologize for the amount of posts, especially from a position of enthusiasm about a program that is one of the best in the country for the past decade+. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The weekly free paper here in Santa Barbara, the Independent, has the 2010 Zips on the cover, and a nice article on the upcoming College Cup:

https://www.independent.com/news/2018/nov/29/ucsb-prepares-host-its-second-college-cup/

Here's the cover:

sbi_cover.pdf

Edited by SBZipfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SBZipfan said:

The weekly free paper here in Santa Barbara, the Independent, has the 2010 Zips on the cover, and a nice article on the upcoming College Cup:

https://www.independent.com/news/2018/nov/29/ucsb-prepares-host-its-second-college-cup/

Here's the cover:

sbi_cover.pdf

I love that cover .  Very cool. Thanks much for sharing !!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Your 400 (exaggeration) posts about this elite program is 399 posts more than what the MAC Twitter account has made about the Zips soccer accomplishments. In fact, that might even be wrong because I believe the one mention on their Twitter was a retweet.

I like to get on the MAC, too when they deserve it. However, they have actually been very supportive, on twitter, of this Zips Men's Soccer run to the College Cup.

The MAC twitter also retweeted a number of @ZipsMSoc tweets as the Zips advanced in this NCAA Tournament.

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

One thing that I think the MAC owes this Zips Men's Soccer team is a Coach of the Year award or some special recognition award for Head Coach Jared Embick. 3 College Cup appearances in 4 years, and not one MAC Coach of the Year award?! What???!!!

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, SBZipfan said:

Here's the cover:

sbi_cover.pdf

WOW. Love it!!! Thanks for sharing. See you Friday. Go Zips!!!

If you're headed to SB County, my friend in Santa Ynez Valley posted on FB that there was snow in Buellton (famous from the film Sideways) on Tuesday.  But temps should be up to the mid 60s over the weekend and sunny.  Lows in the low 40s.  Perfect :NCAAC: weather!!!

• Thanks 1