NCAA Tournament

Marla Ridenour has another super article about Akron's underappreciated soccer coach

Kudos to the Beacon for their coverage of zips soccer....and thank you to Ms. Ridnenour for her excellent articles.

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20181205/zips-welcome-playoff-jared-hope-to-win-championship-for-underappreciated-coach

14 minutes ago, TennZip said:

Marla Ridenour has another super article about Akron's underappreciated soccer coach

Kudos to the Beacon for their coverage of zips soccer....and thank you to Ms. Ridnenour for her excellent articles.

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20181205/zips-welcome-playoff-jared-hope-to-win-championship-for-underappreciated-coach

Another fantastic article. Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

For the watch party they only have bleacher seating available? Why not Upper Reserved chair back?

I asked that earlier....now the clarification is chair backs and bleachers and you can bring your own chairs and blanies.....

"While seating in the bleachers and chair backs is available, fans may bring a chair if they so choose."  - on GoZips.com now....(emphasis added by me)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Facebook has a profile pic filer with the College Cup logo on the left, the Z logo on the right, and "I Support the Zips!" in the middle. It just popped up on my feed, so I don't know how to manually get to that option. 

I got the same thing

image.png

16 hours ago, TennZip said:

Playoff Jared - love it :-) 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

I knew very little of the story....

very hard to fathom not seeing one's father for 14 years

Marla is an outstanding writer....and I am very happy to see the great progress that Ezana has made this year.

Thank you for posting this amazing story for all to read

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AyYo said:

FYI for those going to Cali.

FB_IMG_1544132665283.jpg

Well, pretty sure this is the place we met on Sunday morning in 2010!  Next to the airport.  Got to meet George Nanchoff for first time in 30+ yrs, and Dr Proenza leading Tom Wistrcill around the room.  Think Tom was pretty new to the job and not the greatest schmoozer.  After spending time with him at the 2013 Diamond Head Classic I have a deep respect for his knowledge and talent.  BTW -- the spread is on the U.!  Open bar on you.  ?

Edited by Z.I.P.

1 hour ago, Z.I.P. said:

Well, pretty sure this is the place we met on Sunday morning in 2010!  Next to the airport.  Got to meet George Nanchoff for first time in 30+ yrs, and Dr Proenza leading Tom Wistrcill around the room.  Think Tom was pretty new to the job and not the greatest schmoozer.  After spending time with him at the 2013 Diamond Head Classic I have a deep respect for his knowledge and talent.  BTW -- the spread is on the U.!  Open bar on you.  ?

This  is the same place we met Friday night in 2010. 

Well, I wasn't there on Friday.  Ate pizza at Big Mike's fave place Pizza My Heart.  Also got some BBQ from Woody's on Hollister in Goleta.  I've been back to Harder Stadium three times since 2010, but not for men's soccer.  I wonder who from the U of A is working on the arrangements this year.  Even if he weren't searching for a Am football coach, the AD wouldn't be sighted, and there's no full-time president...  Things have changed...except we still kick ass in soccer! :bow:

Have a good time, my friends.  And bring back what ya came for!

32 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

I wonder who from the U of A is working on the arrangements this year.  Even if he weren't searching for a Am football coach, the AD wouldn't be sighted, and there's no full-time president...  Things have changed...except we still kick ass in soccer! :bow:

Have a good time, my friends.  And bring back what ya came for!

George Van Horne, Anthony Henderson and possibly Tim Faix will be there.

9 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

I wonder who from the U of A is working on the arrangements this year.  

I don't know who is working the arrangements, but George Van Horne is here in Santa Barbara. I saw him checking into the team hotel yesterday. The UA Athletics Dept. has been doing a great job with this NCAA Tourney run...the watch party at the JAR for the Elite8; the watch parties they've arranged for the College Cup; the pre-game party they arranged here. This is all I ever wanted them to do to support our powerhouse Men's Soccer Program. The players, coaches,  and staff work hard and deserve this support for them and their fans!!! 

GO ZIPS!!!

• Like 2

By the way, ZIP, the place near the airport of which you were thinking was the Elephant Bar. Unfortunately, it is no longer there.

I've been coming to Goleta once per year over the last couple of years for business. The drive up from LA Wednesday was so familiar, it was almost like being in my own backyard. GPS brought me up CA 1 to avoid the traffic on US 101 through Calabassas, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, etc. So sad to see all of the burned areas along the coast through Malibu, etc., but you can never go wrong driving up the coast highway...STUNNING! We have such a diverse and beautiful country. I'm glad many on our team are seeing some of its most wonderous areas firsthand this season. I know they're focused and here on business; so, they don't get to do a lot of exploring, but a hotel right on the coast with the coastal range in the background is a great reward for their efforts. 

Edited by Zip_ME87