Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

 

THAT is the Beautiful Game.  That is vintage Zips Soccer, the way we do in Akron.  I won't lie; it brings a tear to my eye.

 

The money pass was the right footed cut back and left footed cross from the ambidextrous Marco Micaletto.             Exquisite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

THAT is the Beautiful Game.  That is vintage Zips Soccer, the way we do in Akron.  I won't lie; it brings a tear to my eye.

 

The money pass was the right footed cut back and left footed cross from the ambidextrous Marco Micaletto.             Exquisite!

 

👍🏼 Me, too Buflobo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, VAZip said:

This was a thing of beauty! It also shows how little I know about soccer....during this whole sequence I’m like “what are they doing”. I think if more people saw this kind of soccer there would be more soccer fans.

 

Absolutely!! This is how Caleb Porter and Jared Embick made me a soccer fan and such a huge fan of our team!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

The money pass was the right footed cut back and left footed cross from the ambidextrous Marco Micaletto.             Exquisite!

 

:thumb: Micaletto :bow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently I'm out of likes for today. The limit needs to be lifted for Zips Men's Soccer!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Edited by Zip_ME87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

THAT is the Beautiful Game.  That is vintage Zips Soccer, the way we do in Akron.  I won't lie; it brings a tear to my eye.

 

The money pass was the right footed cut back and left footed cross from the ambidextrous Marco Micaletto.             Exquisite!

You mention the skill of Marco Micaletto in your comment.   Mr. Micaletto and so many others are what impress me so much about the growth of this team and the skill of the coaching staff and the work ethic of many of these young men.

   It is so hard to play soccer in one system for 3 years and then come to Akron for the senior year.   It was obvious that both Marco Micaletto and Abdi Mohamed had some growing pains in the adjustment.  Abdi also had to deal with a position change.  Both Abdi and Marco Micaletto are both playing some fantastic soccer right now and have made enormous changes to their games to help the team win.  Tremendous credit to their unselfishness, hard work and also to the coaches for finding the right fit for them.

    Colin Biros has become an outstanding contributor to the team over the last half of the season.  Colin is not the biggest kid on the field but his work ethic is unrivaled.   Great credit goes to  Colin for his development over the year.

   Daniel Strachan was a huge part of last year's final four team.    It has been a learning process for the coaching staff and Daniel to find the best fit for Daniel with this group of young men.  I believe that Daniel has started 2 of the last 3 games in place of Pol.    Credit to the coaching staff for knowing the teams and the games when Daniel's talents would be most effective.  Daniel also deserves a lot of praise for dealing with not being a starter for every game like he was in 17 and contributing greatly when he has been given the chance to start in huge games.

   Finally, Ezana Kahsay.   Ezana;s give and go with Marcel for the 2nd goal was incredible soccer and was beautiful.  Can any of us have envisioned 2-3 years ago that Ezana would make a beautiful, instinctive soccer play that would lead to a magnificent goal in a win over Stanford?  Ezana has grown so much over his 5 years with Akron.  He is really contributing and he has matured greatly.  I am only able to make it to 2-3 home games a year.   Many people that sit around me in section 203 have bashed Ezana unmercifully over the last several years.   I am very proud of this young man from Eritrea and how he has grown to be a huge contributor.   This team would not be going to the college cup without the growth and development during the year of Marco Micaletto, Abdi, Ezana, Colin , Daniel and so many others.   Jared Embick and his coaching staff deserve great praise for believing in each young man and finding their best attributes on the soccer field.

   Sermon over.....Extremely proud of these young men and their coaches.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard anything on Carlo?  I think Marco Micaletto had his best game of the year.  Great time for it.  I had been hard on him this year but he proved me wrong with just the one pass.  Also I have been extremely hard on Ezana, I was wrong on him as well.  He has been playing great soccer the last few games.  I have to ask but did anyone really think we had a chance at the college cup after the Northern Illinois loss?   What a great year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

 

The watch party was awesome. If you’re local and couldn’t travel to Stanford, it was the best place to be. Cheering and celebrating with other Zips fans. Zips Athletics put up some videos on their Instagram. Well done and many thanks UA!!!

Were there people on both sides of the JAR? I see they ran a video, but it only showed the blue seats side at the end of the match. They need to hype this more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Were there people on both sides of the JAR? I see they ran a video, but it only showed the blue seats side at the end of the match. They need to hype this more.

 

Some on the other side who had brought their own chairs and some standing. Bleachers were not available. Some also standing along the south bleachers (no bleachers available...just the upper chairbacks shown) and a few from the university in the lower bowl which was closed off. With the men's and women's basketball games today, I'm sure they needed to limit the areas that would need to be prepped.

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm stunned at this group's turnaround. I was at that infamous WVU home game and wrongly assumed 2018 was just a rare down year....it happens to the best, after all. From that moment to now feels like a lifetime. Incredible fight in these Zips!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a healthy turnout at the watch party, but there was still plenty of seating available in the west bleachers.  

 

I anticipate returning to the JAR this Next Friday for similar affair.  Any word on that yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VAZip said:

This was a thing of beauty! It also shows how little I know about soccer....during this whole sequence I’m like “what are they doing”. I think if more people saw this kind of soccer there would be more soccer fans.

Yeah, man.  THAT is why they call it The Beautiful Game.  Where you been?  There is room on the band wagon; I'll scootch over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TennZip said:

You mention the skill of Marco Micaletto in your comment.   Mr. Micaletto and so many others are what impress me so much about the growth of this team and the skill of the coaching staff and the work ethic of many of these young men.

   It is so hard to play soccer in one system for 3 years and then come to Akron for the senior year.   It was obvious that both Marco Micaletto and Abdi Mohamed had some growing pains in the adjustment.  Abdi also had to deal with a position change.  Both Abdi and Marco Micaletto are both playing some fantastic soccer right now and have made enormous changes to their games to help the team win.  Tremendous credit to their unselfishness, hard work and also to the coaches for finding the right fit for them.

    Colin Biros has become an outstanding contributor to the team over the last half of the season.  Colin is not the biggest kid on the field but his work ethic is unrivaled.   Great credit goes to  Colin for his development over the year.

   Daniel Strachan was a huge part of last year's final four team.    It has been a learning process for the coaching staff and Daniel to find the best fit for Daniel with this group of young men.  I believe that Daniel has started 2 of the last 3 games in place of Pol.    Credit to the coaching staff for knowing the teams and the games when Daniel's talents would be most effective.  Daniel also deserves a lot of praise for dealing with not being a starter for every game like he was in 17 and contributing greatly when he has been given the chance to start in huge games.

   Finally, Ezana Kahsay.   Ezana;s give and go with Marcel for the 2nd goal was incredible soccer and was beautiful.  Can any of us have envisioned 2-3 years ago that Ezana would make a beautiful, instinctive soccer play that would lead to a magnificent goal in a win over Stanford?  Ezana has grown so much over his 5 years with Akron.  He is really contributing and he has matured greatly.  I am only able to make it to 2-3 home games a year.   Many people that sit around me in section 203 have bashed Ezana unmercifully over the last several years.   I am very proud of this young man from Eritrea and how he has grown to be a huge contributor.   This team would not be going to the college cup without the growth and development during the year of Marco Micaletto, Abdi, Ezana, Colin , Daniel and so many others.   Jared Embick and his coaching staff deserve great praise for believing in each young man and finding their best attributes on the soccer field.

   Sermon over.....Extremely proud of these young men and their coaches.

 

Preach It!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, malonepioneer12 said:

Has anyone heard anything on Carlo?  I think Marco Micaletto had his best game of the year.  Great time for it.  I had been hard on him this year but he proved me wrong with just the one pass.  Also I have been extremely hard on Ezana, I was wrong on him as well.  He has been playing great soccer the last few games.  I have to ask but did anyone really think we had a chance at the college cup after the Northern Illinois loss?   What a great year.  

No.  We were dead in the water after NIU loss.  What an extraordinary turnaround!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

 

 

Holy ****. CJOcho Cinco tweeting about Akron is awesome, even though he's a prick (putting it nicely and somewhat board friendly). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

 

Holy ****. CJOcho Cinco tweeting about Akron is awesome, even though he's a prick (putting it nicely and somewhat board friendly). 

 

He is friend with Zips Men’s Soccer alum Steve Zakuani and has played in Steve’s charity game. I actually think he’s pretty cool these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×