Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Zip_ME87 said:

 

He is friend with Zips Men’s Soccer alum Steve Zakuani and has played in Steve’s charity game. I actually think he’s pretty cool these days. 

 

Didn't realize he and Zakuani are close. Yeah, he has definitely toned it down a bit. Still hard for him to shed his previous persona when you grew up watching him play football. Haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

 

Didn't realize he and Zakuani are close. Yeah, he has definitely toned it down a bit. Still hard for him to shed his previous persona when you grew up watching him play football. Haha. 

It has been repeated numerous times by many different people that Chad Johnson’s favorite sport is soccer, always has been.

 

Second point is that I am not certain if Steve Zakuani has ever met a stranger.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

Yeah, man.  THAT is why they call it The Beautiful Game.  Where you been?  There is room on the band wagon; I'll scootch over.

You gotta scootch way over with that lobo bottom of yours!:rofl:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I wonder if the team is even going to return home this week since College Cup is in Santa Barbara.

 

French was saying on the football broadcast that the team is returning around 7:30pm tonight to the Stiles Fieldhouse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

 

French was saying on the football broadcast that the team is returning around 7:30pm tonight to the Stiles Fieldhouse. 

I'm not sure that is a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I'm not sure that is a good idea.

They do have classes to attend....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

They do have classes to attend....

Yeah.  This is like... a school... or something.  Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I'm not sure that is a good idea.

Point taken.  I can see it either way.  I trust that the welfare of the students was paramount in making that decision.  

 

So much in education, in our general society, can now be done remotely.  I have worked from home more times than I can count. 

 

Is added travel good for the team?  Is there value in being home for 72 hours before departing again?  I don't know what the guidelines are on that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So: is anyone going to be joining me in the stands here in Santa Barbara???

 

I was out running errands this morning wearing my Zips 2010 College Cup T-shirt when I a woman I walked past said "Go Zips!" I turned around and said "Yes, go Zips!" Turns out they (she was with her husband) were soccer fans in general, and knew that the Zips had beat Stanford yesterday. They'd been rooting for Stanford for the sake of the College Cup attendance; it's true that a Stanford appearance would have brought in many locals with Stanford connections, and travelers down from the Bay Area. So I hope Akron can get as many fans out here as possible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SBZipfan said:

So: is anyone going to be joining me in the stands here in Santa Barbara???

 

I was out running errands this morning wearing my Zips 2010 College Cup T-shirt when I a woman I walked past said "Go Zips!" I turned around and said "Yes, go Zips!" Turns out they (she was with her husband) were soccer fans in general, and knew that the Zips had beat Stanford yesterday. They'd been rooting for Stanford for the sake of the College Cup attendance; it's true that a Stanford appearance would have brought in many locals with Stanford connections, and travelers down from the Bay Area. So I hope Akron can get as many fans out here as possible!

 

I will be there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TennZip said:

Marcel Zajac's header assist to Colin...was beautiful

 

Did that one remind anyone (at least a bit) of the Portland Timbers' final goal on Thursday?  Go-laaaazo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Madison just scored at 31;39 to go up 1-0 at Michigan State...

winner faces the mighty zips in the semis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fknbuflobo said:

Point taken.  I can see it either way.  I trust that the welfare of the students was paramount in making that decision.  

 

So much in education, in our general society, can now be done remotely.  I have worked from home more times than I can count. 

 

Is added travel good for the team?  Is there value in being home for 72 hours before departing again?  I don't know what the guidelines are on that.

I do recognize the academic side of this, but 4 cross country flights in a week is a lot to ask and compete for a national championship. Oh well, they're young. I pretty much agree with your points, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a moment and look at all the replies to this. Here's many of them...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SBZipfan said:

So: is anyone going to be joining me in the stands here in Santa Barbara???

 

I was out running errands this morning wearing my Zips 2010 College Cup T-shirt when I a woman I walked past said "Go Zips!" I turned around and said "Yes, go Zips!" Turns out they (she was with her husband) were soccer fans in general, and knew that the Zips had beat Stanford yesterday. They'd been rooting for Stanford for the sake of the College Cup attendance; it's true that a Stanford appearance would have brought in many locals with Stanford connections, and travelers down from the Bay Area. So I hope Akron can get as many fans out here as possible!

I will be there with a former Zip from Charlotte and one from Phoenix. I understand ME_87 will also be in attendance. We need to have a pub for a pregame Zip rally. If the university doesn't set one up it will far on your shoulders being a local. We will be counting on you :bow:  :thumb:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SBZipfan said:

So: is anyone going to be joining me in the stands here in Santa Barbara???

 

I was out running errands this morning wearing my Zips 2010 College Cup T-shirt when I a woman I walked past said "Go Zips!" I turned around and said "Yes, go Zips!" Turns out they (she was with her husband) were soccer fans in general, and knew that the Zips had beat Stanford yesterday. They'd been rooting for Stanford for the sake of the College Cup attendance; it's true that a Stanford appearance would have brought in many locals with Stanford connections, and travelers down from the Bay Area. So I hope Akron can get as many fans out here as possible!

I'm in - just bought my flights. Seen the Zips in Cary, NC, Philadelphia and Santa Barbara in the College Cup and enjoyed the UCSB trip the most. I'm not sure exactly why ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...