NCAA Tournament

18 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

In that clip, what am I looking for?  Which are the defenders?

Zips are in white. The offside was called on the final pass from the right to the left. They called the player on the left for being behind the defenders when the player on the right initiates the pass. 

I really can't definitively tell from that angle. The AR who called it should have had a straight-on view and it would be more obvious to him.

58 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Zips athletics department and media department need to get together to stream this game on the "jumbotron" at the JAR immediately following the basketball game. 

We owe Stanford. 

God, that’s so funny!  I was thinking the same thing on my way to Swenson’s after watching.  Thought I post a poll to see who would show up at InfoCision to watch!  Since it is December, at 9 p..m.  Maybe start by showing on big screens on 7th floor and see how many show, if it’s crowded, open up the suites on 5 and 6 and let everyone sit in luxury and power up the big screen outdoors....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZipsVoice said:

God, that’s so funny!  I was thinking the same thing on my way to Swenson’s after watching.  Thought I post a poll to see who would show up at InfoCision to watch!  Since it is December, at 9 p..m.  Maybe start by showing on big screens on 7th floor and see how many show, if it’s crowded, open up the suites on 5 and 6 and let everyone sit in luxury and power up the big screen outdoors....

Well, you know I am in for either JAR or InfoCision, or really any gathering anywhere.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UAZippers said:

It was incredibly close and I would die inside if it had happened to us, but it appears to be the correct call.

It did happen to Akron at Charlotte in 2011 when Matt Dagilis scored the tying goal. It was waived off for his being offside.  To this day, I don’t think he was offside from any view. 

• Like 1

After finally watching the full reply, I was most impressed by the team's defensive fight. Ritaccio had a couple clutch and skillful tackles that probably saved a goal or two. Wake is/was a very good side.

On another note, I was perplexed at the commentators frequent use of "kids" to describe the players. A kid is a child - children don't play soccer nearly that well. It just felt disrespectful. Ok, I'm getting off my high horse now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, slowroll said:

After finally watching the full reply, I was most impressed by the team's defensive fight. Ritaccio had a couple clutch and skillful tackles that probably saved a goal or two. Wake is/was a very good side.

On another note, I was perplexed at the commentators frequent use of "kids" to describe the players. A kid is a child - children don't play soccer nearly that well. It just felt disrespectful. Ok, I'm getting off my high horse now. 

How could you hear any other words with that female commentator (she knew her stuff, though) constantly using "just" and "unbelievable"?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TennZip said:

Nice to see the ABJ write a big story about Zips soccer, but Mr. Bournival fails to mention the controversial offside call on the potential game tying goal with a minute left that resulted in the Wake coach being ejected and a cheap foul by a Wake player when play resumed that almost resulted in a fight. Glad I watched the game so I know the whole story.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 11:59 AM, VAZip said:

Getting pumped about the trip down to Wake Forest tomorrow. Supposed to be sunny and mid 50’s. Should be some great soccer. Got my $5 over 55 tix in hand. Go Zips! Hopefully I’m not the only Zip fan there!

@VAZip Always a pleasure to meet a Zips fan. Enjoyed rooting for our team with you and all the Zips fan in attendance at Wake Forest. Hope your trip home was uneventful. Hope to see you at a future Zips match.

@72 Roo So glad you and your family made it down to Wake Forest. Always a pleasure!

Great group of Zips fans in attendance. So glad we all sat together to collectively cheer our team. Pleasure to see Michael Nanchoff and Brad Ruhaak among the Zips faithful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

Carlo Ritaccio is growing up (as a player) right before our very eyes.  Enjoy him while we can, Zips fans!

Much ⚽️❤️ #3‼️

:thumb:  Carlo will always be ours. Once a Zip, Always a Zip!!!