Game 11—Bowling Green Falcons

Dr Z

This is no longer a Milwee issue. It is a Bowden issue. The talent level on this team is no longer an excuse. Injuries happen to every team. The coaching staff is incompetent on the offensive side and demotivated on the defensive side. There is obvious detachment from the coaches to the belief in TB's leadership. Time to clean house. I'd do it tomorrow and eat the last year(s) of TB's contract. Name an interim HC and put ourselves in the market for the best available coach we can get. Eating the contract is probably better financially than have 2-4,000 butts in the stands. 

Sad it has come to this.:(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

This has the feel of a team playing for a coaching staff that has been told they won't be returning.

Was at the game. This had the feel of a team that had 'quit' on this coach. Nelson couldn't play ,physically. And didn't look like he really wanted to play after the first few series. KN do not let the door hit you when t is likely a new regime will be here. Sorry. I am not anymore a Kato Nelson fan.

• Like 1

If Bowden does come back next year, he will need to shake up the offensive coaching staff with a new system and OC. If he is loyal to Milwee, maybe he can stay as the QB coach but not the play caller. We obviously need to get a running game going to take pressure off our quarterbacks and keep defenses guessing. Bowden has gotten us to couple bowl games, a MAC east championship, and some wins over bigger programs. I say give him next year to finish his contract out and see what happens.

Well that was 4 hours of my life I'll never get back.

This was the first game I made this year because of work and family. It was like going to games in the iCoach era. 

The running game was sorry, the receivers were unable to pull in footballs placed in their hands (when the receiver and Kato ran the same play) the play calling left me scratching my head, and wore the defense down by not letting them catch a break. Fans were yelling at the refs for bad calls, that's not what stopped the offense. 

This is not the team I watched earlier in the season. Unacceptable.

• Like 1

After the BG TD with 8 minutes left, the Akron return team went out to the wrong side of the field.  I think that's a pretty decent summation of the leadership of this team.

They were beaten by a 2 win team on their home field on senior day.  Damn embarrassing.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, footballzip said:

If Bowden does come back next year, he will need to shake up the offensive coaching staff with a new system and OC. If he is loyal to Milwee, maybe he can stay as the QB coach but not the play caller. We obviously need to get a running game going to take pressure off our quarterbacks and keep defenses guessing. Bowden has gotten us to couple bowl games, a MAC east championship, and some wins over bigger programs. I say give him next year to finish his contract out and see what happens.

If Bowden does come back next year he'll have to personally pick me up, drive me to the damn games and put me up in a box with Kate Upton to get me to spend three hours in that tomb watching that mess.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, K92 said:

Everyone a Bowden critic now.  ???

You really are a PoS aren't you?  You could handle yourself with a little grace and welcome everyone onto the Bowden-critic wagon.  Instead, Keener gonna Keen'.  

30 minutes ago, footballzip said:

I honestly don't see Bowden being fired, but I could be wrong.  I wouldn't be surprised.  I am thankful for the fun games I did get to see in the Bowden-era after the non-fun games of the Ianello debacle.

4 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

In an ideal world I'd like them to keep the defensive staff then clean the house with everyone else. That unfortunately is highly unlikely as any new coach will want to pick his own staff.

This is the tension I feel.  I like our defense.  I've liked our defense for years!!!  This defensive staff is a good one.  But what do you do when the head coach won't make the changes on the offensive side of the ball that anyone with half a brain sees as plainly obvious?  It's absolutely perplexing, irresponsible and downright disgusting.  Bowden's stubbornness is taking a great defensive staff down with him. :puke:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Balsy said:

You really are a PoS aren't you?  You could handle yourself with a little grace and welcome everyone onto the Bowden-critic wagon.  Instead, Keener gonna Keen'.  

I honestly don't see Bowden being fired, but I could be wrong.  I wouldn't be surprised.  I am thankful for the fun games I did get to see in the Bowden-era after the non-fun games of the Ianello debacle.

Really?  I’m a piece of crap?  For the comment I made?  Work on your thin skin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

After the BG TD with 8 minutes left, the Akron return team went out to the wrong side of the field.  I think that's a pretty decent summation of the leadership of this team.

They were beaten by a 2 win team on their home field on senior day.  Damn embarrassing.

Me and the guys could not freakin' believe it!  It was like "which way did they go George?" time.  Freakin' hilarious.  By that time my disgust had reached sarcastic time, and I was spewing, and all of a sudden it was like "they're on the wrong side of the 50!"  :rofl:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, K92 said:

Really?  I’m a piece of crap?  For the comment I made?  Work on your thin skin.

I think S stands for crap, but same difference.  No one cares to read your passive-aggressive gloating.  You work on your grace, I'll work on my skin.

But jesus dude, work on your own thin skin.  Sorry a little crap talking got to your own thin skin, and triggered you tough guy.  Seems like a lot of Zips fans right now are thin.

Edited by Balsy

12 minutes ago, Balsy said:

I think S stands for crap, but same difference.  No one cares to read your passive-aggressive gloating.  You work on your grace, I'll work on my skin.

But jesus dude, work on your own thin skin.  Sorry a little crap talking got to your own thin skin, and triggered you tough guy.  Seems like a lot of Zips fans right now are thin.

The board censors s dipshit.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Not sure if anyone else saw it, but late in the third quarter and into the fourth quarter we had a guy fall asleep on the bench curled up under one of those raincoat things, surrounded by teammates. None of them cared. Nor did the coaches that would talk to their position groups nearby. 

Shirley, you can't be serious.

If true, both the team and the coaches know there's a change on the horizon.