Possible Candidates

LoyalZIP

4 hours ago, zippy_ua_00 said:

Yes he would. Sabian would have the zips as a top 25 team.the name alone would bring recruits and transfers.

Saban probably scrapes together a few more wins than TB's 5-7 record in year two, especially the 35-30 loss at home against Louisiana Lafayette.  

It's not too early to speculate. It's a discussion forum, where we talk about our favorite teams.

I'm about 50/50 whether we're looking at new coaches. If it was just injuries, I'd say those are the breaks. But the debacle where players didn't want to be there, not giving a comete effort, lining up on the wrong side of the field. That is a coaching issue and someone has to go...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Who is the OC at Duquesne? Can he be brought in to replace Millwee? I do not think wholesale changes are needed, just specific ones. I think we could get an up and coming coordinator without spending a boatload of $$$ and one with success from somewhere not too far away geographically would also be a plus.

5 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

I can't believe there are people stupid enough to believe there isn't enough donor money lined up to buy out his contract.

If there is donor money lined up better take it now, because if there’s another season  of mediocrity and back-sliding, the money we’ll will all but dry up...

Time to bump this one. That extra week actually put us behind the 8 ball. Some candidates are gone. The new early signing period  (Dec 19) is going to throw a wrench in things. It might end up being like Bowden's first year when it seemed like he was hired late and had to scramble to put a class together.

Let's hope Mr. Williams can work his magic like he did with basketball. 

Per ohio.com

Williams said the university will use a private firm to conduct a national search.

"I don't anticipate anyone on the current staff is going to be considered for the head job," he said.

Williams said he'd like to have a new coach in place in two weeks.

"But I won't let a timeline force me into making the wrong decision," Williams said.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I wonder if its Kehres. If a replacement was long in mind, its gotta be someone under the radar or we were seriously playing with fire waiting so long to do it.

Why would Kehres leave Mount Union? That makes no sense.......