Possible Candidates

LoyalZIP

I wonder how he ended up on our radar. Seems to bounce around a lot, and feels like he's a "football guy". But can he recruit, and hire/manage a great coaching staff? Head coaches typically don't work directly with players. I think his resume is more suited to a coordinator position before jumping right to head coach.

Edited by ZachTheZip
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Section210Zip said:

He loved Buffalo so much he stayed an entire season!  That bouncing around is a huge red flag.  Can he make a commitment?

As for Gets, Starkville, MS ... Wouldn't be my first or 50th choice of places to live.

Arth appears to be a safe choice who would probably stick around.  Getsy would be the home run or the 100 yard kickoff return.

Edited by NWAkron

8 hours ago, NWAkron said:

ZipsUnited on Twitter (whoever that may be) says Getsy wanted the job but isn't getting an on campus interview.  :( huh?

Maybe they did a video conference and salary came up.

Arth here tomorrow!?

If he wants the job, gotta at least interview & do some negotiating.  Close the deal LW

8 hours ago, NWAkron said:

ZipsUnited on Twitter (whoever that may be) says Getsy wanted the job but isn't getting an on campus interview.  :( huh?

Maybe they did a video conference and salary came up.

Arth here tomorrow!?

That account better be taken with a grain of salt, imo. All of their "news" seems to be reported almost right after the same thing is posted on this site.

As for the Chargers WR coach, I remember a media person brought his name up at the beginning of the process. I don't recall who, however.

At the begging of the week with the lack of reports and Mont playing tonight, I was certain it was going to end up being Kehres. With all the names coming from left field the last couple of days I'm not certain of anything other than the clock is ticking. Larry is going to need to put some serious hours interviewing because we can't go deep into next week and not have a staff in place for the early signing day. 

Edited by Section210Zip

4 minutes ago, LZIp said:

That account better be taken with a grain of salt, imo. All of their "news" seems to be reported almost right after the same thing is posted on this site.

As for the Chargers WR coach, I remember a media person brought his name up at the beginning of the process. I don't recall who, however.

Ha I was gonna say, the twitter account that tweets out all the news after we post it? Color me skeptical

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Section210Zip said:

At the begging of the week with the lack of reports and Mont playing tonight, I was certain it was going to end up being Kehres. With all the names coming from left field the last couple of days I'm not certain of anything other than the clock is ticking. Larry is going to need to put some serious hours interviewing because we can't deep into next week and not have a staff in place for the early signing day. 

I have to wonder why there weren't some serious hours being put in right after this first happened? Numerous other schools have lost their HC after ours and have already found a replacement.

• Like 1

As previously stated, it's more important to get this hire right than it is to save a recruiting class that's already going to be behind the 8 ball. Not to mention there is a second signing period in the spring, and plenty of time to pick up the scraps and find some hidden gems/diamonds in the rough. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

As previously stated, it's more important to get this hire right than it is to save a recruiting class that's already going to be behind the 8 ball. Not to mention there is a second signing period in the spring, and plenty of time to pick up the scraps and find some hidden gems/diamonds in the rough. 

I disagree. There's a point where you're waiting too long. And I don't think there will be a bevy of talent remaining after this upcoming week's signing day.

At the beginning of this year Bowden wasn't expecting to get fired. He had a lot of redshirts and gray shirts sitting out 2018 in expectation that he'd be coaching them in 2019, so it will be interesting to know how many scholarships are available. Maybe half the class is already on campus? 

Then we need to see how many incumbent guys bail.

I look at Jabari Arthur's story, and the change from Owens to Brookhart really pissed him off. He wanted to transfer. And it ended up being the best possible thing to happen to his football career. I hope once our new coach is selected, the incumbent guys take a deep breath and interview the new staff themselves before making a their transfer decision. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ZachTheZip said:

At the beginning of the process, I thought I read somewhere that it would take no more than two weeks, and that Williams had some candidates in mind from the beginning?

That is what the press release stated....no, it stated they HOPED to have a decision within the next two weeks....correct?  I don't know, just re-read the release and it doesn't say, but I know somewhere someone said it...really....not drinking yet.

Edited by ZipsVoice