Possible Candidates

LoyalZIP

According to Football Scoop...

Akron: Mississippi State assistant head coach / run game coordinator / running backs coach Charles Huff has interviewed for the Akron head coaching job, Bruce Feldman tweets.  Feldman also shares that Texas running associate head coach / running backs coach / running backs coach Stan Drayton is also “getting consideration” for the job.

26 minutes ago, Akron1 said:

Akron: Mississippi State assistant head coach / run game coordinator / running backs coach Charles Huff has interviewed for the Akron head coaching job, Bruce Feldman tweets.  Feldman also shares that Texas running associate head coach / running backs coach / running backs coach Stan Drayton is also “getting consideration” for the job.

Maybe Moorehead is pushing him?

2 hours ago, Akron1 said:

I see a (good) pattern emerging...

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Like 1

Had some time this evening and thought I would look up some top FBS assistants and coordinators.

A name I would like to see Akron take a look at is Ryan Silverfield at Memphis. His trengths seem to be exactly what the Zips weaknesses have been lately, namely offensive success through a varied running game and excellent offensive line play.

https://gotigersgo.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1528

Anybody have any thoughts on him?

FWIW Of the resumes I have seen I like Getsy first followed by Maine HC Joe Harasymiak then Silverfield. Of course there has only been any speculation at all about Getsy and the other two may be way off everyone else’s radar.

" While at Valdosta State one year, Mumme received interest from a MAC school. The athletic director called to inform the coach he was No. 5 on a five-man list of candidates. Mumme fired back over the telephone: “I’m going to make it easy on you. You can just have four, because I’m not going to be anybody’s fifth choice.”  nice.