A look at the MAC Stats

Lee Adams

Since the conference season is over,thought it would be interesting to see how the Zips stacked up in some categories. Again,these are CONFERENCE stats only from the MAC site.

Offensively: Total offense: #8 overall/Passing O- #9 overall/ Rushing O-#12(last) overall/Scoring O-#11 overall/Passing Efficiency-#11 overall/Kato Nelson had a pass completion % of 51.6-last in the MAC(9 TD's/6 INT's)/First Downs-#12(last).

Defensively: Total D-#8/Passing D-#4/Rush D-#10/Turnover Margin-#12(last)(-9)/Sacks-For-16/Against-24/Interceptions-#12(last)/Lako was 3rd in Total Tackles/Alvin Davis-12th/Gilbert-22nd/Tackles for Loss-Jamal Davis-#3.

If I have made any errors please advise. Again I saw these on the MAC website.

Given the numbers its fairly easy to see why there were only 2 conference wins.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

Since the conference season is over,thought it would be interesting to see how the Zips stacked up in some categories. Again,these are CONFERENCE stats only from the MAC site.

Offensively: Total offense: #8 overall/Passing O- #9 overall/ Rushing O-#12(last) overall/Scoring O-#11 overall/Passing Efficiency-#11 overall/Kato Nelson had a pass completion % of 51.6-last in the MAC(9 TD's/6 INT's)/First Downs-#12(last).

Defensively: Total D-#8/Passing D-#4/Rush D-#10/Turnover Margin-#12(last)(-9)/Sacks-For-16/Against-24/Interceptions-#12(last)/Lako was 3rd in Total Tackles/Alvin Davis-12th/Gilbert-22nd/Tackles for Loss-Jamal Davis-#3.

#trainwreck

44 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

Well...when you put it that way?

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, LZIp said:

Stats.

Ouch.  To what do you attribute this?  Is it the grind of the season?  Not able to prep well for bowls?  Being predictable so other teams can prep well for you?  Those numbers are so bad they defy logic.  

I think we have 6 teams that regularly make it to bowls that do not have good bowl coaches outside of Solich. Coaching for a bowl game is a different animal. You have a few weeks to figure out when/how hard to practice, gameplan out the a**, figure out what the opponent will be switching up, etc.

It's not that we have inferior teams, because the MAC handles itself well OOC early in the year. They just don't do it at the end of the year when the variables are a little different.

Edited by zippy5

32 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I feel a lot of it has to do with the fact players treat it like a vacation. Players are leaving somewhere that's 20s and snowy and traveling somewhere that's mid 60s and sunny. The C-USA and Sun Belt teams are use to this so they still approach it as just another game.

Add to that all the festivities involved, the organized games like bowling, beach volleyball, eating contests that seem to show up on the telecasts for the week-that-was, and the various charity show-ups for the teams....