This ESPN+ crap has to stop

akronzips71

22 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

For those wanting to watch this one and not pay, you can sign up for a 7 day free trial at ESPN.

Unless you already used up your trial on the Zips-Kent State football game, like me. Not really disappointed to not pay to watch this game in person or on TV anyway. 

7 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

I wasn't going to mess with ESPN+, but looking on the schedule we have 8 more games that are solely ESPN+ broadcasts. This is something new this year, correct? I remember more games on ESPN3.

It's ESPN streaming service. The content on it is absolutely phenomenal. It has all the 30/30, it has a series of Kobe breaking down NBA players, has a series of Manning breaking down young QB's, has every out of market MLS game, tons of other foreign soccer, random college games, other misc sports, and series. I will definitely be renewing my subscription. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

My Chromecast seems to have more problems handling the ESPN+ stream than it did running ESPN3, for some reason.  Other than that, I'm ok. 

I'll probably cancel after basketball season though, I don't see myself using it outside of August through March.

Exactly my plan. August (soccer) through March (bball) and cancel. Have to agree with others who like the content. It's a $5 sports ticket I can use multiple times a month. Figured ESPN would eventually try to monetize all of their ESPN-ready content. Too bad Reghi does so many of our game ... just excruciating.

I love ESPN+. I get a bunch of the Zips games (football, soccer, MBB, and WBB) and as a soccer fan, it's amazing because it has MLS, Italian Serie A, English League Cup, English FA Cup, and more. It also has one MLB and NHL game each day throughout their respective seasons. Well worth $5 per month.

• Like 1