Terry's next endeavor

ZippyRulz

6 minutes ago, Zip JD said:

I appreciate the info.  Any idea on where they ended up and if they saw the field?  Thanks again.  

No info - my guess is that they will be close to last in line for a new scholarship opportunity anywhere as most of them would have been starters or heavy contributors here. I would think that it does not look good on your resume that you butted heads with a coaching staff. Something will most probably work out for most of them at some time when a need arises somewhere.    

• Thanks 1

On 12/15/2019 at 12:10 PM, UA1987 said:

To name a few:

Alce RB 3* - listed as a MAC Pre season Freshman of the Year at one time

White RB 3* - 2018 final game starter

Willlams WR 3* -  deep threat

Jordan OL - 6'4" 315 lbs

Hanson DL - offered by Iowa State

I'm not promoting these guys as they quit or were removed from the team, but you wanted some examples. 

Don't think I've heard about Hanson being offered by Iowa State, though I admit recruiting just hasn't gotten much of my attention this year.  We will have a Cyning Day party on Wednesday night for the public, so I will keep my ears open about him.  

54 minutes ago, Cykron said:

Don't think I've heard about Hanson being offered by Iowa State, though I admit recruiting just hasn't gotten much of my attention this year.  We will have a Cyning Day party on Wednesday night for the public, so I will keep my ears open about him.  

It was in 2016, I have not seen him land anywhere since he left us

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

To me, Dre Williams was the only impactful loss. 

Alce average 1.6 tackles per game at Dodge City CC this year.

White was slow afoot, and had ball security issues.

I'll believe Hanson is at Iowa State when I see it.

Alce was a very good young prospect, but once you leave a team under certain circumstances things are going to be tough (I think they converted him to a LB at Dodge). White too lost motivation and gained weight, which did slow him down. Either of these guys, with the right work ethic, would have been much superior at RB for the Zips (White averaged 4.3 yards per carry at South Carolina in the 2018 finale) than a gimpy Sands or the flea Brandon Lee in 2019 (heck I would have liked to see Floyd at RB as he had a good preseason but he left too). Hanson was offered by Iowa State out of high school, not recently, as you seem to mention. His chances of playing in Power 5 let alone being associated with any FBS program again are slim unless he drastically turns things around. All of these athletes (Bowden recruits) had tremendous potential that went undeveloped for reasons of their own and or Arth's coaching staff.              

Edited by UA1987

59 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Williams still played 4 games this season and only amassed 10 catches for 96 yards. Its not like he transferred before the season began. Overall I felt WR was the 1 position we had some talent at in the beginning of the season before injuries and transfers started taking their toll. 

Dre hitting the transfer portal when he did was calculated.  He did not redshirt as a freshman and with the new redshirt rule he redshirts this year and still has 2 years of eligibility.  I understand it was a challenge to keep him eligible and that he also didn’t take the off season conditioning seriously after coming off shoulder surgery & was slow getting back in the mix.  All issues, I think Arth was trying to clean up.

I agree he will be most missed but it sounds like he needs to find some passion for the game & work ethic 

On 12/15/2019 at 3:50 PM, Zip JD said:

I appreciate the info.  Any idea on where they ended up and if they saw the field?  Thanks again.  

If you go look at the 2019 recruiting thread you can see who. There were very who stayed committed to Arth. Too early to tell about their on field impact as so many Freshmen redshirt. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

With Bowden as a last name I’m still perplexed at how weak our recruiting classes were. I’m 47 now, so maybe I’m just showing my age with still being enamored with the Bowden name?

No offense Blue & Gold but that name hasn't meant anything since Bobby’s dynasty ended at Fl St. Just my opinion . Im just enamored how people on here are so impressed. TB is an unpaid employee at Clemson.Newsflash !! Dabo feels sorry for the guy therefore, he is giving his fraternity brother something to do since no-one else will. 

Edited by John Ward
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Ward said:

No offense Blue & Gold but that name hasn't meant anything since Bobby’s dynasty ended at Fl St. Just my opinion . Im just enamored how people on here are so impressed. TB is an unpaid employee at Clemson.Newsflash !! Dabo feels sorry for the guy therefore, he is giving his fraternity brother something to do since no-one else will. 

No offense taken! I just can’t believe how fast time flies. You’re ??

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

If Bobby Bowden was the coach, Akron would have had good recruiting classes. It takes more than just a famous dad to succeed as an FBS coach. 

However, AU would probably go on probation as well. Cant get away with the things today that you could back in the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You have to give Terry credit. Not many with the pedigree that he has would have been willing to take a position as a grad intern with hopes of becoming a better head coach, all while still on the Akron payroll. Hard to say it was a rough 2 years for him.

Best of luck in his new home where he inherits a team that went 0-7 this year and 4-4 in 2019. No doubt, a lot will feel familiar to him. 

I wonder how much of the old band will be getting back together?

34 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Good. Maybe some of the people still clinging to him can follow him to Louisiana

I guess this is the response we should have expected from the, "nobody wants him" crowd completely willing to overlook the absolutely stupid decision to fire him with 2 years left on his contract. Still waiting from that MAC East title and first bowl win from Arth.

• Like 1