Terry's next endeavor

ZippyRulz

10 hours ago, ewbrooman1 said:

It happened in 2019-20 also according to the ABJ article so we're spanning two coaches tenures.

All these FB coaches (Arth included) are micro-managing people to the nth degree. To sound like all of this was above him and out of his control is ridiculous. Simply put, the players quite likely came to him (and Bowden) first and said their scholarship $$$ had not come through yet. What do I do? The coaches quite likely then sent the players to their neighborhood 'fixer.' ... I mean really.

This is SEC/Ohio State football 101.

Edited by RoyalBlu

Delta Tau Chi was charged with worse in Animal House. Seriously, they were. It's a near non story, but it is a public school and the taxpayers have a right to know how their money is being spent. The punishment is extremely small. Moving on.....  

This is pretty unfortunate, the players get a pretty good stipend over the summer months to be at camp.  The reason being all the campus benefits are not available and they have more cost those months.  There have been years the stipend money has not been available when it was supposed to be.  Some players can’t sustain themselves without the stipend and someone is trying to do a good deed.  All he was doing is giving an advance on what they have coming.  Rules are rules but this instance isn’t a players fault.  Have the money available when it’s supposed to be and this is a non issue.

Edited by 94zipgrad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GP1 said:

Delta Tau Chi was charged with worse in Animal House. Seriously, they were. It's a near non story, but it is a public school and the taxpayers have a right to know how their money is being spent. The punishment is extremely small. Moving on.....  

I just hope we don't get put on double secret probation.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

Just thinking if Terry turns things around at ULM he will have been successful at every head coaching gig he has had with one exception. 

Seems like he is/was getting lots of administrative support everywhere with one exception.

You don't suppose that could possibly be an issue at Akron.

And he has a 7-0 lead in Kentucky with Boogie Knight making two 3rd and long catches on the scoring drive.

This is a team that never led a game in 2020.

16 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Sure if you think they root for the Zips.

I root for the Zips...I'm also not delusional enough to think that the Zips won't be down by multiple scores to Auburn in Q1. I root for the Zips and can reliably predict with a high degree of confidence that the Zips will be down by multiple scores in Q1 when they play OSU later this month. You're kidding yourself it you think that won't be true for a game they are getting paid $1.8-millions to play...

GO Zips.

4 hours ago, TheZipCat said:

I root for the Zips...I'm also not delusional enough to think that the Zips won't be down by multiple scores to Auburn in Q1. I root for the Zips and can reliably predict with a high degree of confidence that the Zips will be down by multiple scores in Q1 when they play OSU later this month. You're kidding yourself it you think that won't be true for a game they are getting paid $1.8-millions to play...

GO Zips.

Who said that? I bet they'll actually lose by 50

Edited by zippy5

Akron should have never fired Bowden is what a good majority of Akron alumni believe, and the way Bowden was fired with years left on his contract for an unproven coach was a reckless decision and we’re lucky the program is still D1 at this point. I’m expecting Arth to be a failure but I would love to be proven wrong. This program is in a sad state and I’d rather drive to Kent to watch Kent State play than go to a Zips game if I was looking to watch local D1 football program. There’s no excitement about the Zips, Arth doesn’t bring excitement. He’s no Caleb Porter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, bobbyake said:

Akron should have never fired Bowden is what a good majority of Akron alumni believe, and the way Bowden was fired with years left on his contract for an unproven coach was a reckless decision and we’re lucky the program is still D1 at this point. I’m expecting Arth to be a failure but I would love to be proven wrong. This program is in a sad state and I’d rather drive to Kent to watch Kent State play than go to a Zips game if I was looking to watch local D1 football program. There’s no excitement about the Zips, Arth doesn’t bring excitement. He’s no Caleb Porter.

I can't think of a responsible decision the board has made in YEARS.  From choosing Presidents, hiring and firing coaches (with $$ left on contracts) to things as simple as changing the uniforms for the football team.  I remember hearing on National TV that our white helmets with the Z were the best looking unis in college football.  What do we do....change them to a high school looking script logo.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bobbyake said:

Go watch Kent then, traitor. Expecting Arth to be Caleb Porter is laughable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a-zip said:

I can't think of a responsible decision the board has made in YEARS.  From choosing Presidents, hiring and firing coaches (with $$ left on contracts) to things as simple as changing the uniforms for the football team.  I remember hearing on National TV that our white helmets with the Z were the best looking unis in college football.  What do we do....change them to a high school looking script logo.

This problem is not unique to Akron.

Research indicates that almost without exception University Boards spend almost all their time changing the uniforms for their football team.