Sign in to follow this  
ZippyRulz

Terry's next endeavor

I was skeptical when it was announced about Terry sticking around Akron.  Does this latest news justify my skepticism?  This seems to be all about what is good for Terry, not for Akron.  

2 hours ago, Cykron said:

I was skeptical when it was announced about Terry sticking around Akron.  Does this latest news justify my skepticism?  This seems to be all about what is good for Terry, not for Akron.  

If UA fired me, I’d put what’s best for me ahead of what’s best for UA too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

If UA fired me, I’d put what’s best for me ahead of what’s best for UA too.

Of course.  And it was silly to think that he was doing anything else even while he was still there.  That's my point.  You fire someone and then expect them to be a great team-member!  Seemed crazy from day 1.

On 6/10/2019 at 6:10 PM, LZIp said:

I wonder what the financial implications of the buyout are for Bowden apparently not taking a position at the U. We could sure use the savings.

Sounds like something any journalist partially worth their paycheck would report on. 

He's a little busy watching the Elton John movie for the 7th time.

Here's another article-  https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/2019/06/10/terry-bowden-joining-clemson-football-coaching-staff-unpaid-intern/1411736001/

If Terry's position is unpaid, it leaves UA, I assume it leaves Akron on the hook for the full boat.

According to reports, Akron may be contemplating ways to reduce the athletic department  budget. Apparently want to finally stop milking student fees to pay for non-profitable sports programs. HERE,HERE if that is true! Problem is there will not be any significant bump in ticket sales revenue. That horse left the barn years and years ago. What do they do? Maybe its what some of us have been suggesting for years. Drop to I-AA or D-II if you want to keep varsity sports. But,No more MAC: all of your current coaches will leave. Read carefully what IP Green said. See how you interpret.

As an aside,Bowden is insignificant here now. He is a milker who doesn't need this money at this point. Please move on Mr. Bowden.

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

If Terry's position is unpaid, it leaves UA, I assume it leaves Akron on the hook for the full boat.

UA signed  his contract, and UA fired him. If there’s any grousing over TB getting paid not to coach the Zips this year, who should get the blame?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

UA signed  his contract, and UA fired him. If there’s any grousing over TB getting paid not to coach the Zips this year, who should get the blame?

No grousing here, just an observation.  

I’m to lazy to go back and look for article but I was pretty sure Terry was bought out around 400k.  I’m sure my numbers are not correct but 650k for Nebraska & a future trip in 2025

1.1m Northwestern 

1.3 S Carolina, half went to make the other half of Nebraska up & half did Bowden & Arth buyouts.  Was a brilliant pick up game, no loss of revenue from Nebraska game & handled all expenses with coaches change

Let’s move on - Go Zips, beat Illini 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2019 at 7:32 PM, Lee Adams said:

According to reports, Akron may be contemplating ways to reduce the athletic department  budget. Apparently want to finally stop milking student fees to pay for non-profitable sports programs. HERE,HERE if that is true! Problem is there will not be any significant bump in ticket sales revenue. That horse left the barn years and years ago. What do they do? Maybe its what some of us have been suggesting for years. Drop to I-AA or D-II if you want to keep varsity sports. But,No more MAC: all of your current coaches will leave. Read carefully what IP Green said. See how you interpret.

As an aside,Bowden is insignificant here now. He is a milker who doesn't need this money at this point. Please move on Mr. Bowden.

There are always "reports" about dropping down.  Are these credible reports?  That would be a huge move.  

2 hours ago, Cykron said:

There are always "reports" about dropping down.  Are these credible reports?  That would be a huge move.  

Forget dropping down; let's increase revenues by joining the Big 12.  Akron would be a great travel partner for WVU.