Terry's next endeavor

ZippyRulz

2 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Seriously, what makes you the wealth of knowledge over which how coaches handle discipline? When you call the coach who took the team from consecutive 1-11 seasons to its first bowl win, first B10 win, a MAC East title and and championship appearance and call him mediocre it only shows what an idiot you are. Grow up.

Son , I have to laugh because I am very sure I am much older than you . Your immaturity proceeds you .. Clown! Never said I was an expert . Just calling it like I see it. Don't cry son. You will survive.

@John Ward I'm with you, and by the way, one of those 1-11 seasons the Zips had "back-to-back" was under TB, but hey, I'm sure the excuse will be "but he inherited a terrible team!".  Like Arth didn't?  And then 4 losing seasons, a 500 season, and an overall record of 35-52, and hey! 23-33 in the MAC...you were being kind calling TB "mediocre".  But we've got that glory year where we won the MAC East (not the MAC overall), and a Big 10 win....that's what makes the "outsiders" think is terrific? Keep your sound posts coming...

• Like 1

Arth was an underwhelming hire, but TB left the cupboard empty for the next coaching staff.  The only difference between TB's first year and Arth's was that there was no VMI or Morgan State on this year's schedule.  If there was we would have fired up another of our classic 1-11 seasons.  Both lost to terrible UMass teams and both played Miami close.  Of TB's 35 wins at Akron, I believe 7 were against FCS schools.  That knocks his FBS winning percentage down to under 35% which I believes qualifies him as mediocre or worse.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zip JD said:

Arth was an underwhelming hire, but TB left the cupboard empty for the next coaching staff.  The only difference between TB's first year and Arth's was that there was no VMI or Morgan State on this year's schedule.  If there was we would have fired up another of our classic 1-11 seasons.  Both lost to terrible UMass teams and both played Miami close.  Of TB's 35 wins at Akron, I believe 7 were against FCS schools.  That knocks his FBS winning percentage down to under 35% which I believes qualifies him as mediocre or worse.   

Watch out !, Mr Im punch drunk Bowden( Zipsoutsider) is going to be all over you when you spout truthful factual evidence when referring to his beloved coach as “ Mediocre”

@clarkwgriswold and @John Ward maybe we should review how well firing Bowden has worked out. #BreakingNews - worst record in  ot only the MAC, but all D1 College football, not even a glimmer of hope for a bowl bid, lost the Wagon Wheel...but it was a brilliant move to fire Bowden, lol. I bow to such wisdom.

28 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

@clarkwgriswold and @John Ward maybe we should review how well firing Bowden has worked out. #BreakingNews - worst record in  ot only the MAC, but all D1 College football, not even a glimmer of hope for a bowl bid, lost the Wagon Wheel...but it was a brilliant move to fire Bowden, lol. I bow to such wisdom.

Now that you’ve bowed to their wisdom can you at least move on to something else, we all get your opinion, this whole topic is like our current impeachment process.  No arguments are changing anybody’s mind

image.gif

1 hour ago, 94zipgrad said:

Now that you’ve bowed to their wisdom can you at least move on to something else, we all get your opinion, this whole topic is like our current impeachment process.  No arguments are changing anybody’s mind

image.gif

Amen brother ! Zipsoutsider can’t let it go.. Bowden is done, finished end of story .Please move on ! 

3 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Would you:

1)  Please stop treating this so seriously, taking everything so damn personally and cease childishly calling people names like a angry child (e.g. idiot, genius, etc.)?  Your Akron education should have taught you reasonable means of having a respectful disagreement.

2)  Just put me on ignore?  I'll give you the same courtesy.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, John Ward said:

Amen brother ! Zipsoutsider can’t let it go.. Bowden is done, finished end of story .Please move on ! 

Actually, let's take a look at this. This is a "Terry's next endeavor" thread. Bowden was fired and yet the same three people keep taking shots at Bowden like he was on the same level as Ianello, despite the facts. Who hasn't moved on? Those clinging to a new loser coach and taking shots at the old one who actually elevated the program.

11 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Actually, let's take a look at this. This is a "Terry's next endeavor" thread. Bowden was fired and yet the same three people keep taking shots at Bowden like he was on the same level as Ianello, despite the facts. Who hasn't moved on? Those clinging to a new loser coach and taking shots at the old one who actually elevated the program.

I think everyone on this board would agree TB is HOF material compared to the icoach.  I have not read a single post comparing him to Ianello as you describe above.  Also, nobody has said anything lauding Arth as a great coach.  It was an uninspiring hire.  I just do not know how you evaluate him fairly this season when the program was left in such poor shape with no depth and little talent.  If the Zips had won 8 of their last 10 games in TB's final season instead of the opposite, I could understand the anger, but they were in a serious decline.  

How many games do you think TB would have won with this team?  Two? One? None?  If he had gone 2-10 this year, would you have still fought to keep him?  

Edited by Zip JD
Clarification
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

You have now successfully bored me to tears. Can’t you talk about anything else? More I think about it, your like my wife. Can’t let anything go and move on.

• Like 1

I have heard from an inside source that Jim Tressel is reportedly considering taking the Akron job. He views it as a potential football reviving move for his life. 

We have a great stadium and top notch facilities and he can recruit as well as anyone in the nation.

The future is looking bright for akron.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Zip JD said:

I think everyone on this board would agree TB is HOF material compared to the icoach.  I have not read a single post comparing him to Ianello as you describe above.  Also, nobody has said anything lauding Arth as a great coach.  It was an uninspiring hire.  I just do not know how you evaluate him fairly this season when the program was left in such poor shape with no depth and little talent.  If the Zips had won 8 of their last 10 games in TB's final season instead of the opposite, I could understand the anger, but they were in a serious decline.  

How many games do you think TB would have won with this team?  Two? One? None?  If he had gone 2-10 this year, would you have still fought to keep him?  

TB would not have had this team. His recruits are elsewhere.

Even if you take talent off if the table, Arty made more than a few horrible coaching calls this season. Talent doesnt fix bad game situation coaching. 

51 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Which ones? Curious which true freshmen would have changed things this year

One Bowden 2019 recruit that got away was Max Wynn. He decommitted and went to Miami of OH. He preserved his red-shirt down there and would have played sparingly here too in 2019 with Lako at MIKE, but in 2020 Max would most probably have been a starter at LB for Akron. A big part of the story here too was the transfer outs that happened in 2019, many of who were Bowden recruits. Almost our entire RB depth chart was gone and so were many WR's. This crippled our offense, which was supposed to be a team strength in 2019 and predestined a winless season. This hard line by Arth should have been tempered. Akron is now in a reset and things will be looking up, but 2019 washed away most everything for better or worse. The YSU game next year is shaping up to be a pivotal contest. Win that game and the Zips begin the march back. Lose it - well I don't want to think about it, but if it's a YSU rout of Akron in our home stadium - then something drastic may have to be planned or done.                

Edited by UA1987

2 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

TB would not have had this team. His recruits are elsewhere.

Even if you take talent off if the table, Arty made more than a few horrible coaching calls this season. Talent doesnt fix bad game situation coaching. 

Just curious which commits that would have played left Akron besides the LB who went to MU.  From what I have seen most if not all of TB's recruits that left seemed to leave DI all together.  The ones in the portal now are getting no offers from DI schools.  Last update was one offer from Tiffin.  

42 minutes ago, Zip JD said:

Just curious which commits that would have played left Akron besides the LB who went to MU.  From what I have seen most if not all of TB's recruits that left seemed to leave DI all together.  The ones in the portal now are getting no offers from DI schools.  Last update was one offer from Tiffin.  

To name a few:

Alce RB 3* - listed as a MAC Pre season Freshman of the Year at one time

White RB 3* - 2018 final game starter

Willlams WR 3* -  deep threat

Jordan OL - 6'4" 315 lbs

Hanson DL - offered by Iowa State

I'm not promoting these guys as they quit or were removed from the team, but you wanted some examples. 

Edited by UA1987

2 hours ago, UA1987 said:

To name a few:

Alce RB 3* - listed as a MAC Pre season Freshman of the Year at one time

White RB 3* - 2018 final game starter

Willlams WR 3* -  deep threat

Jordan OL - 6'4" 315 lbs

Hanson DL - offered by Iowa State

I'm not promoting these guys as they quit or were removed from the team, but you wanted some examples. 

I appreciate the info.  Any idea on where they ended up and if they saw the field?  Thanks again.