Game 9- Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons

clarkwgriswold

The Zips head into Fort Wayne Wednesday night to face the 5-5 Mastodons.  The Mastodons squeaked by a pretty awful Cleveland State team last week by only 3 points.  They average 83.2 ppg and give up 78.1.  6-5 senior guard John Konchar leads the Mastodons at 16.4 ppg.  

According to Wikipedia-

The Mastodons are led by fifth-year head coach Jon Coffman and split their home games at the Gates Sports Center and the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum as members of the Summit League.

The season marks the first for the school representing the new Purdue University Fort Wayne. The team previously represented the now defunct Indiana University – Purdue University Fort Wayne. On July 1, 2018, IPFW split into two separate institutions,[1]with IU taking responsibility for IPFW's degree programs in health sciences and Purdue retaining all other academic programs. The Mastodons now represent Purdue University Fort Wayne.

33 minutes ago, AyYo said:

Who remembers when they beat us in the CIT or CBI (I don't remember which it was) post season tournament about 6 years ago, in a game we clearly had no interest playing?

Nick Harney let his man score about 30 that night. I don't think Diggs and Tredwell spoke two words to each other that entire season. At least I had dinner at a really good Cuban restaurant on the trip over that day.

9 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Nick Harney let his man score about 30 that night. I don't think Diggs and Tredwell spoke two words to each other that entire season. At least I had dinner at a really good Cuban restaurant on the trip over that day.

There were some real "personalities" on that team.

I think the highlight of the Mastodons recent history (other than playing in the JAR Of course) was their win over Indiana 3 or 4 years ago when Indiana was in the top 5.