Game 10- Marshall Thundering Herd

clarkwgriswold

Toledo Buffalo and Kent have most of their home games at 7. We play at 2 because the MAC thinks we are going to suck. The MAC is trying to highlight the best programs in primetime games. It's no coincidence that under Dambrot all of our games were at 7. Then when he left all of the sudden noon and 2 o clock games come along.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Highlight them on ESPN+? I remember under Dambrot our "Saturday" games kept getting flexed to Friday primetime. I can't imagine the MAC dictates our OOC game times.

Maybe not OOC games. But, I do recall discussing this same topic last year and it was said that the MAC decided game times. Yes some games are changed for TV. And espn+ is new this year. But any way you look at it 2 PM start times suck.

7 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Personally, I actually like them. I can attend the games and still make other plans for the evening. I kind of find it a bit strange that nobody complains about noon or 3:30 Saturday football start times, but a 2PM basketball game that last half as long is a big inconvenience.

No one complains cause hardly anyone attends.  they are all watching the OSU game somewhere.  i have always said that i'll never understand why akron or other MAC schools may try to schedule the same time as OSU is on and at home.  Their job is to fill up their stadium for their game.  You if gave a choice of attending an Akron home game or watching an OSU game that's on at the same time....OSU will win.  and friday night is reserved for HS football and to a certain degree Saturday night is as well...with all the catholic schools.  i would try odd times.  like a noon, or 5pm, 6pm for football.     

with basketball...everyone is in the same pond(MAC, Horizon)  we don't have to compete with a OSU basketball, or Xavier, UC.    Simple solution is just win and you'll get back to primetime!  OH and schedule a home & home with UC.....hell they played OSU this year at home..so in some circles of hell....its freezing!