2019 MLS Combine and SuperDraft

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/01/11/2019-mls-superdraft-grades

FC Cincinnati

GRADE: A+ It was a strong day for the expansion team, which made headlines by bringing in five picks from the Philadelphia Union and also going out to get LAFC’s first-round pick. Not only did FC Cincinnati recoup some of that allocation in a trade with the Red Bulls, they made their younger roster and deeper. Frankie Amaya has plenty to prove but adds an attacking edge to central midfield. Logan Gdula boosts their right back depth and looks nearly-pro ready. Toss in Tommy McCabe, a young central midfielder that has experience with the U.S. Under-17 national team, and if one of Jimmy Hague or Ben Lundt can slot in at goalkeeper, and it’s a very good day for the new franchise.

Draft summary:

Traded first-round pick (No. 16 overall) and second-round pick (No. 25 overall) to RBNY for $100,000 in General Allocation Money

Frankie Amaya (Round 1, #1)

Logan Gdula (Round 1, #13)

Tommy McCabe (Round 2, #29)

Jimmy Hague (Round 2, #30)

Ben Lundt (Round 2, #37)

New York City FC

GRADE: C Trading up to add Luis Barraza seemed like a bit too early for the Marquette goalkeeper, who was the Big East goalkeeper of the Year in 2018. Abdi Mohamed likely faces long odds for a roster spot. If he does, he needs to find a path to playing time, there’s a chance he can continue to develop and emerge as an MLS-caliber right back.

Draft summary:

Traded first-round pick (No. 19 overall), $75,000 in General Allocation Money to LA Galaxy for No. 12 overall

Luis Barraza (Round 1, #12)

Abdi Mohamed (Round 2, #43)

Hopefully, Ben and Abdi can make the most of the MLS pre-season. Being Akron players, both are accustomed to hard work.

16 hours ago, TennZip said:

Thanks.

“Cincinnati was the team I was hoping for,” Lundt said. “I’m really happy that I get to stay in Ohio. It really became home for me."    I'm glad Ben is staying in Ohio, too. I hope Ben and Abdi can each make their team's roster.