Welcome Tom Arth!

Let'sGoZips94

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

Welcome Coach Arth. This isn't the Getsy type splash hire but I've said before, winning is exciting. Offseason hire excitement equates to zero wins come September.. let's win some games. Go Zips

I saw no splash with Getsy. Arthxs resume is underwhelming. Let's hope he has more talent than his record indicates. 

Found an article that summarized his first year at UTC -- lost 3 QBs in the first month of the season to injury, plus a couple of running backs. Improved toward the end of the season as his 4th stringer got more experience and played better. 

For what that's worth ...  :)

Edited by mhowell15101
Missing detail

49 minutes ago, mhowell15101 said:

Found an article that summarized his first year at UTC -- lost 3 QBs in the first month of the season to injury, plus a couple of running backs. Improved toward the end of the season as his 4th stringer got more experience and played better. 

For what that's worth ...  :)

We couldn't gain 100 total yards with our 2nd string QB so hopefully this is move in the right direction.

This hire does nothing for me. I don't get the excitement to hire him. He took over a program that had 10, 9 & 9 wins the three years prior to him and turned that into 3 and 5 wins in his two years. In his second year at the helm he never beat any of the top four teams in his league. Is that the success we want? I would love to know what LW saw in him that was better than Getsy or Kehres. He's our coach now and I'll do all I can to help him be successful, but pardon me if I'm not excited.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

This hire does nothing for me. I don't get the excitement to hire him. He took over a program that had 10, 9 & 9 wins the three years prior to him and turned that into 3 and 5 wins in his two years. In his second year at the helm he never beat any of the top four teams in his league. Is that the success we want? I would love to know what LW saw in him that was better than Getsy or Kehres. He's our coach now and I'll do all I can to help him be successful, but pardon me if I'm not excited.

We don't know if Getsy and Kehres were real options.  Could we match Getsys salary at MSU?  Kehres seems to be a perennial pipe dream.   

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

I wonder if coach Arth is going to give a rally cry at the basketball game today a la Terry Bowden ?

Was wondering the same thing this morning. Seems like yesterday and that was years ago now. Based on Bowden's track record in general, I really did think we were on our way to the top of the MAC. A shame it didn't work out. I liked Terry.

Definitely ready for an Arth pump-up speech at an upcoming basketball game. Today, though, we honor and rightfully so, our men's soccer team. 

• Like 1