Sign in to follow this  
Let'sGoZips94

Welcome Tom Arth!

Odd year here in Ames.  Basketball team is pretty good and very interesting, but I'm still more focused on football. Weird.  Any Zips suffering from the same malady?  

11 hours ago, Cykron said:

Odd year here in Ames.  Basketball team is pretty good and very interesting, but I'm still more focused on football. Weird.  Any Zips suffering from the same malady?  

Negative ghostrider. Our basketball team is not very good or interesting this year. I do concur that I am still more focused on football though.

On 3/2/2019 at 8:48 PM, Cykron said:

I'm the complete opposite. I'm always looking forward to basketball season even during football season, which is odd because I'm a much bigger football fan than basketball fan. I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with the fact that even when Akron has a "bad" year in basketball, like they are this year, they're still competitive. When the football team is bad, which is quite often, the games are literally unwatchable.

• Like 1

Excuse my ignorance, but is it common in the college game for the offense/defensive coordinator to double as a position coach?

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but is it common in the college game for the offense/defensive coordinator to double as a position coach?

Not the best example, but Milwee did it off the top of my head. For some reason I feel Amato did it too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Not uncommon.  

On 3/15/2019 at 1:55 PM, Dr Z said:

We should NEVER assume anything. But, with Arth's background as a QB at the highest level,the QB play hopefully will be significantly improved this year,no matter who the Q