Welcome Tom Arth!

Let'sGoZips94

4 hours ago, dre22era said:

You clearly don't know s-h-i-t about football. 

Tommy Tuberville 

Chad Morris 

David Cutcliffe 

Chip Kelly 

Paul Johnson 

Bill Snyder  

Lovie Smith  

Gus Malzahn

All were high school coaches. Tim Tyrrell is the best recruiter in Northeast Ohio 

Too easy.

Tommy Tuberville

Coaching career (HC unless noted)

1976–1977Hermitage HS (AR) (assistant)

1978–1979Hermitage HS (AR)

1980–1984Arkansas State (DB/NG/LB)

1986–1992Miami (FL) (assistant)

1993Miami (FL) (DC)

1994Texas A&M (DC/LB)

Chad Morris

Morris made the move to college in 2010 when he became the offensive coordinator and associate head coach at the University of Tulsa. He would spend only one season at Tulsa before moving to Clemson University as offensive coordinator. The 2 years prior to Morris' arrival, Clemson went a combined 15–12, including a record of 6–7 in 2010. Morris introduced a hurry-up, spread offense that helped Clemson to a 42–11 mark over the next four seasons.[3] In December 2011, Morris became tied with Gus Malzahn as the highest paid assistant in college football after Clemson University gave Morris a six-year contract worth $1.3 million annually.[4]

David Cutcliffe

In 1976, Cutcliffe took a job at Banks High School where he served as an assistant and later as the head coach. In 1982, he was hired as a part-time coach at the University of Tennessee. A year later, he was promoted to full-time status as the tight ends and assistant offensive line coach. By 1990, Cutcliffe was coaching the position he is now well known for, quarterback. Cutcliffe was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1993.

Chip Kelly

Kelly broke into the coaching ranks in 1990 at Columbia University, where he served as secondary and special teams coach for the freshman team. The next year, he was outside linebackers and strong safeties coach for the varsity team. In 1992, he went to the University of New Hampshire as the running backs coach. He left to become the defensive coordinator at the Johns Hopkins University for one season. He returned to his alma mater as the running backs coach for the next three seasons (1994–96). He was just in time to devise a zone-blocking scheme for star Jerry Azumah. From 1995 through 1998, the speedy back raised the profile of UNH football as he rushed for what was then an FCS record 6,193 yards.[4] He changed to the offensive line coach for two seasons (1997–98).[2]

Kelly was promoted to offensive coordinator at New Hampshire (1999–2006). The Wildcats' offenses averaged better than 400 yards per game of total offense in seven of his eight seasons[1] In 2004, the school broke 29 offensive school records; compiling 5,446 yards of total offense and scoring 40 or more points in seven games. Their best offensive output was in 2005 when the Wildcats finished second nationally in total offense (493.5 ypg), third in scoring (41.7 ppg) and fifth in passing (300.1 ypg). They completed the season with an 11–2 record.

Do I really need to continue this list?

3 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Why even bring him in to this discussion if you know he didn't jump straight from HS HC to D1 HC huh? smh

Edit: On a side note I wouldn't be against hiring the Hoban guy as an assistant coach.

I wholeheartedly agree with hiring coach Tyrell as an assistant. His teams are very well prepared. No discipline issues and when they arise the player is sent packing. He knows NE Ohio and is widely respected. I love his play calling and officially endorse him as an OC candidate. I'm sure coach Arth was waiting for my endorsement before he moved on the hire. Now he's got it. 

1 hour ago, Hilltopper said:

Too easy.

Tommy Tuberville

Coaching career (HC unless noted)

1976–1977Hermitage HS (AR) (assistant)

1978–1979Hermitage HS (AR)

1980–1984Arkansas State (DB/NG/LB)

1986–1992Miami (FL) (assistant)

1993Miami (FL) (DC)

1994Texas A&M (DC/LB)

Chad Morris

Morris made the move to college in 2010 when he became the offensive coordinator and associate head coach at the University of Tulsa. He would spend only one season at Tulsa before moving to Clemson University as offensive coordinator. The 2 years prior to Morris' arrival, Clemson went a combined 15–12, including a record of 6–7 in 2010. Morris introduced a hurry-up, spread offense that helped Clemson to a 42–11 mark over the next four seasons.[3] In December 2011, Morris became tied with Gus Malzahn as the highest paid assistant in college football after Clemson University gave Morris a six-year contract worth $1.3 million annually.[4]

David Cutcliffe

In 1976, Cutcliffe took a job at Banks High School where he served as an assistant and later as the head coach. In 1982, he was hired as a part-time coach at the University of Tennessee. A year later, he was promoted to full-time status as the tight ends and assistant offensive line coach. By 1990, Cutcliffe was coaching the position he is now well known for, quarterback. Cutcliffe was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1993.

Chip Kelly

Kelly broke into the coaching ranks in 1990 at Columbia University, where he served as secondary and special teams coach for the freshman team. The next year, he was outside linebackers and strong safeties coach for the varsity team. In 1992, he went to the University of New Hampshire as the running backs coach. He left to become the defensive coordinator at the Johns Hopkins University for one season. He returned to his alma mater as the running backs coach for the next three seasons (1994–96). He was just in time to devise a zone-blocking scheme for star Jerry Azumah. From 1995 through 1998, the speedy back raised the profile of UNH football as he rushed for what was then an FCS record 6,193 yards.[4] He changed to the offensive line coach for two seasons (1997–98).[2]

Kelly was promoted to offensive coordinator at New Hampshire (1999–2006). The Wildcats' offenses averaged better than 400 yards per game of total offense in seven of his eight seasons[1] In 2004, the school broke 29 offensive school records; compiling 5,446 yards of total offense and scoring 40 or more points in seven games. Their best offensive output was in 2005 when the Wildcats finished second nationally in total offense (493.5 ypg), third in scoring (41.7 ppg) and fifth in passing (300.1 ypg). They completed the season with an 11–2 record.

Do I really need to continue this list?

yeh continue while ignoring everything else I posted. That makes perfect sense #Cherrypicker 

Fact is they all started as HS coaches which was the reason why I referenced then because the convo then went to HS coaches going straight to College HC which I then referenced former Akron Coach Gerry Faust. 

Hey if you like others want to defend hiring a coach who didn't do sh!t at Chattanooga vs me referencing a local HS coach with a winning program Enjoy  

but dont sit here and act like Arth is above oceans and mountains compared to Tim Tyrrell when it comes to resumes 

Edited by dre22era

18 minutes ago, dre22era said:

yeh continue while ignoring everything else I posted. That makes perfect sense #Cherrypicker 

Fact is they all started as HS coaches which was the reason why I referenced then because the convo then went to HS coaches going straight to College HC which I then referenced former Akron Coach Gerry Faust. 

Hey if you like others want to defend hiring a coach who didn't do sh!t at Chattanooga vs me referencing a local HS coach with a winning program Enjoy  

but dont sit here and act like Arth is above oceans and mountains compared to Tim Tyrrell when it comes to resumes 

He is. Not even close. Now quit trolling

The logical and most common progression for a high school coach to a college program is from high school head coach to position coach or coordinator and if successful, then on to head coach.  From head coach to head coach is jumping a few rungs in the ladder and that's magnified when it is to a D1 program.

Tyrell was nothing special at St. Thomas Aquinas.  He had some success in Florida.  He has been very successful at Hoban and should be able to move on to the college ranks if he wishes, but if he wants to be a head coach, he'd be far better suited to start at a D3 program or do like Marcus Wattley did coming in from SVSM as a position coach and academic liaison. 

35 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

...he'd be far better suited to start at a D3 program or do like Marcus Wattley did coming in from SVSM as a position coach and academic liaison. 

I don't know that any of the previous staff would be kept, but Wattley and Nemec are two that would make sense. They're local HS football coaches without any legacy ties to Bowden. I'd think they have some great value.

• Like 2

Two interesting comments by Williams so far...

- He started his list of qualities with wanting someone who's a strong leader and high energy. 

- He spoke with Peyton Manning about Arth. 

I wonder what connections Larry has with the Browns. The first comment sounds like a direct quote from Dorsey. The second makes me wonder if he had a phone call setup by Haslam. 

Arth is speaking now - carry on. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94