Game 12 - Nevada

kreed5120

4 minutes ago, dre22era said:

We praising Loses as usual 

Last I checked, Duquesne is still offering season tickets. They also have a message board of their own. 

_____________________________________________________-

Every single loss we have had this year is a win next year (although losing Ivey will hurt). 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

You have another option?  Keith?  He would have us at 10-2 thinking we have the bestest team only to choke it out in the end.

Keith is the most successful coach in our Basketball Program's History so go right ahead trying to downplay his tenure 

The man has his on freaking section on our wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akron_Zips_men's_basketball 

"First Meeting: Nevada 88, Akron 61 Feb. 17, 2006 ESPN Bracket Busters (Reno, Nev.)"

27-point drubbing last time we were in Reno. Felt at the time like it wasn't even that close. Experienced quite a few ass-kickings and disappointments against better programs during our 20-win season streak including significant games post-MAC in March. 

Edited by GoZips88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dre22era said:

Keith is the most successful coach in our Basketball Program's History so go right ahead trying to downplay his tenure 

The man has his on freaking section on our wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akron_Zips_men's_basketball 

Oh ok.  And I remember that long drive back from Detroit after a 47 point drubbing.  This awesome coach 

didn't realize his star point guard was an effing drug dealer!  Are u one of the Keith groupies who used to sit in my section but didn't renew your tickets because you liked the coach more than the school and the team?

Edited by NWAkron

Can we quit comparing Dambrot to Groce? We didn't fire Dambrot to bring in Groce. Dambrot decided on his own free will to leave. We brought in Groce to rebuild our gutted program. Personally, I like the progress he's made from year 1 to year 2. Others may disagree.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Oh ok.  And I remember that long drive back from Detroit after a 47 point drubbing.  This awesome coach 

didn't realize his star point guard was an effing drug dealer!  Are u one of the Keith groupies who used to sit in my section but didn't renew your tickets because you liked the coach more than the school and the team?

10 postseason appearances

School records going 26–7 in 07, 26-7 in 13 and 26-9 in 15

Took us to the MAC championship for the first time in school history in 07 and would go on to take us there 5 consecutive years. 

Won the  MAC Championship in 09

Until your beloved Groce does anything remotely close to that at Akron = STFU and respect what KD accomplished here. 

7 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Can we quit comparing Dambrot to Groce? We didn't fire Dambrot to bring in Groce. Dambrot decided on his own free will to leave. We brought in Groce to rebuild our gutted program. Personally, I like the progress he's made from year to year 2. Others may disagree.

Yup he left thanks to ungrateful a$$holes 

10 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Can we quit comparing Dambrot to Groce? We didn't fire Dambrot to bring in Groce. Dambrot decided on his own free will to leave. We brought in Groce to rebuild our gutted program. Personally, I like the progress he's made from year to year 2. Others may disagree.

Agreed.  I liked KD and was sorry that he left, but he wanted out of the MAC plain and simple.  Being the best MAC team all season long, but not being able to win the MACC was clearly getting to him his last years here.  He went to a conference that gets multiple bids and i cannot blame him for that.  I felt hiring Groce was a good move and made perfect sense with his knowledge of Ohio, MAC and Midwest hoops. 

2 minutes ago, Zip JD said:

Agreed.  I liked KD and was sorry that he left, but he wanted out of the MAC plain and simple.  Being the best MAC team all season long, but not being able to win the MACC was clearly getting to him his last years here.  He went to a conference that gets multiple bids and i cannot blame him for that.  I felt hiring Groce was a good move and made perfect sense with his knowledge of Ohio, MAC and Midwest hoops. 

Exactly 

I believe hiring Groce was a bad move that will set this program back years plus he is Ohio U's leftovers 

3 minutes ago, Zip JD said:

I have to ask, why do you hate Groce so much?  

When given a bigger opportunity and budget at Illinois what did he do in a weak Big Ten during that time? 

Only make it to the NCAA Once and that was his first season and not his recruits. 

He fell flat on his ass and crawled back to the MAC and what do we do? = hire that guy 

Groce needed Akron more than Akron needed him.