Sign in to follow this  
kreed5120

Game 12 - Nevada

The Zips travel to Reno this weekend to play 6th rated Nevada. The Wolf Pack are led by 6-7 F senior Caleb Martin and 6-7 F senior Jordan Caroline who combine to average 37.6 points 15.3 rebounds 4.3 assist. They return most of the key contributors who led them to the Sweet 16 last year. Game time is Saturday 7:00PM and can be viewed on ESPN3. KenPom has the Zips as 17 point dogs.

My dad and I traveled to Reno the last time the Zips played out there. Great trip - fantastic arena/atmosphere. 

Nevada is good. I fully expect this to be our first loss by more than 5 pts. My only wish is that we fight like Tennessee State did against us for 40 minutes. 

Beacon article about Jimond with a blurb about the Nevada game by Michael Beaven.  Nice to see Beaven doing some UA basketball stuff.  Did we not though just have a GT article on Ivey?

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20181221/university-of-akron-mens-basketball-jimond-ivey-continues-to-mature-on-and-off-court

Offense has turned into everybody watching Jackson dribble around at the top of the key during the last few possessions. Need to keep moving the ball 

• Like 1

These announcers have been unbearable. 

Not enough tonight. Silly mistakes, and Nevada just made more plays - so many blocks. 

6 pt loss to the #6 team in the country. All of our losses are by 6 or less now. As impressive as losses can be. 

Had the feel of a game in March. Year 2 folks. 5 losses, 2 to ranked opponents, by a total of 18 points, shooting like crap in many of those losses. Really appreciated the defensive effort tonight. Go Zips! 

• Like 1