Story told on last night's ESPN broadcast of Frisco Bowl

jupitertoo

I had never heard this, but apparently when A.J. Oulette was offered preferred walk-on status at Ohio, he declined to commit until he made his last scheduled visit, to Akron.  He got up early on the appointed day, drove 4 hours with his family...and no one from Akron's staff showed up for the meeting.  He ended up signing with Ohio, earned a scholly after his first game and has been one of the most productive backs in program history.  Had ~180 yards last night.

1 hour ago, jupitertoo said:

I had never heard this, but apparently when A.J. Oulette was offered preferred walk-on status at Ohio, he declined to commit until he made his last scheduled visit, to Akron.  He got up early on the appointed day, drove 4 hours with his family...and no one from Akron's staff showed up for the meeting.  He ended up signing with Ohio, earned a scholly after his first game and has been one of the most productive backs in program history.  Had ~180 yards last night.

Good for him.

I agree, good for him. He got to play for a better coach, a better program and will probably get a sniff as a RB/ fullback at the next level. The kid is hands down the toughest, hard nosed and smartest RB I've seen in this conference.  I really enjoyed watching him play at OU.  It seems to me that when evaluating talent that far too many people look only at 40 times , vertical jumps and a kids athleticism.  Often overlooked is a kid's heart, smarts,toughness and will to succeed.  I'd take an entire squad of kids like AJ Ouellette any time.

Very fitting that Bowden missed him because I sure won't miss Bowden. 

Edited by The Hip Zip