Sign in to follow this  
jupitertoo

Story told on last night's ESPN broadcast of Frisco Bowl

I had never heard this, but apparently when A.J. Oulette was offered preferred walk-on status at Ohio, he declined to commit until he made his last scheduled visit, to Akron.  He got up early on the appointed day, drove 4 hours with his family...and no one from Akron's staff showed up for the meeting.  He ended up signing with Ohio, earned a scholly after his first game and has been one of the most productive backs in program history.  Had ~180 yards last night.

1 hour ago, jupitertoo said:

I had never heard this, but apparently when A.J. Oulette was offered preferred walk-on status at Ohio, he declined to commit until he made his last scheduled visit, to Akron.  He got up early on the appointed day, drove 4 hours with his family...and no one from Akron's staff showed up for the meeting.  He ended up signing with Ohio, earned a scholly after his first game and has been one of the most productive backs in program history.  Had ~180 yards last night.

Good for him.

I heard that story and wondered if there was more to it.  Too bad that they threw Akron under the bus when there is surely another side to the story.  

I agree, good for him. He got to play for a better coach, a better program and will probably get a sniff as a RB/ fullback at the next level. The kid is hands down the toughest, hard nosed and smartest RB I've seen in this conference.  I really enjoyed watching him play at OU.  It seems to me that when evaluating talent that far too many people look only at 40 times , vertical jumps and a kids athleticism.  Often overlooked is a kid's heart, smarts,toughness and will to succeed.  I'd take an entire squad of kids like AJ Ouellette any time.

Very fitting that Bowden missed him because I sure won't miss Bowden. 

Edited by The Hip Zip

6 hours ago, Cykron said:

I heard that story and wondered if there was more to it.  Too bad that they threw Akron under the bus when there is surely another side to the story.  

I don't believe it either. Fake news, IMO.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

And he did not bother calling or texting the coaches to see if he had the wrong date or time? Does not sound he took ownership of the situation.

Yeah, totally his fault :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, zipsoutsider said:

And he did not bother calling or texting the coaches to see if he had the wrong date or time? Does not sound he took ownership of the situation.

I think we found TB's burner account

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Yeah, totally his fault :rolleyes:

How do you know it wasn't? Oh, yeah, you don't.

As others have mentioned, there are always 2 sides of a story.