Game 13- Carnegie Mellon Tartan

clarkwgriswold

The 4-6 Tartan of Carnegie Mellon come to the JAR on Sunday the 30th at 2:00 to face the Zips.  They started 1-5 but have now won 3 of 4 by topping Hobart, Washington Jefferson and Bethany. That's Bethany of West Virginia lest we not be confused.   Zack Howarth  and Seth Henry lead the Tartan with 16.4 and 16.3 PPG respectively.  If nothing else, they have one of the NCAA's least imposing team names.  I wonder if any NCAA team is the Paisley.

I'm shocked no one has pointed out that

Akron and Carnegie Mellon have already established a long and fierce rivalry in interscholastic competition.  Alas it is not in basketball, football, or even riflery but rather in concrete canoe racing that these rivals are best suited.  Will it be a good day to take to Summit Lake to renew the rivalry?  

• Like 1

Personally for me, I don’t care who the team plays. I love going to games. I love watching my team play. So id hope the people that aren’t going bc of the competition aren’t also the same people that complain about attendance numbers and not having a newer nicer and larger arena. Show that it’s worth the time and money to build a new arena by attending all games. Even the ones that have bad opponents. Besides, why wouldn’t you wanna go see your team win.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, zippy_ua_00 said:

Personally for me, I don’t care who the team plays. I love going to games. I love watching my team play. So id hope the people that aren’t going bc of the competition aren’t also the same people that complain about attendance numbers and not having a newer nicer and larger arena. Show that it’s worth the time and money to build a new arena by attending all games. Even the ones that have bad opponents. Besides, why wouldn’t you wanna go see your team win.

I think most are posting tongue-in-cheek. But this is where I am. I just enjoy watching the Zips play. I enjoy sneaking into an occasional intra-squad scrimmage just to watch the Zips ball.

I’ll be there tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

I think most are posting tongue-in-cheek. But this is where I am. I just enjoy watching the Zips play. I enjoy sneaking into an occasional intra-squad scrimmage just to watch the Zips ball.

I’ll be there tomorrow.

It's one more chance to watch Jimond play!!!  I'm certain the coach and the AD knew this would be a low turn out affair when they scheduled this.  But they did. And I don't understand why anyone would want to essentially punish the players and not support them and thus let them see more empty seats because he thinks it just won't be entertaining enough.

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 2