Game 13- Carnegie Mellon Tartan

clarkwgriswold

12 hours ago, Zip JD said:

...and possibly a Kostelac sighting.

On a serious note, from powerhouse opponents to DIII exibitions and everything in between, we only get about 15 or 16 home games a year so I try to get to all of them.  Go Zips!

I wonder what the playing limit is for a player to be able to be able to red-shirt.  If Kostelac is still below it, I wonder if that's being considered.  He's not in the rotation now and he's not likely to see the floor absent some injuries and next year looks no better with all of the bigs returning and Xyerius Williams and Khadim Gueye entering the mix.

35 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I wonder what the playing limit is for a player to be able to be able to red-shirt.  If Kostelac is still below it, I wonder if that's being considered.  He's not in the rotation now and he's not likely to see the floor absent some injuries and next year looks no better with all of the bigs returning and Xyerius Williams and Khadim Gueye entering the mix.

I see him transferring unless there is dramatic improvement this year.  I always hope I am wrong but I just never saw him as a division one player.  In our last game at the Q last year with about 2 minutes left Groce put him in when we were down a basket and we were at the foul line.  Our player missed the foul shot and Klac instead of trying to get the rebound was already running down the court to play defense.  He did not understand that we needed that offensive board.  HE then fumbled a pass next time we were on offense and game was over.  I always thought Groce may a dumb move putting him in that late in the game.  

He is slow on defense and on occasion picks up a foul a minutes, especially on setting screens.  He then looks at the ref as though it is the refs fault.  Despite his great size, he is a step slow, not athletic, and does not have great b ball instincts.  He just does not fit well with this athletic team that is always pushing the ball down the court.  Our center play has been a weakness and he still cannot get playing time,  If he was showing anything in practice I think he would be on the floor. .  I think if Klac was in our future he would red-shirt.  Now I think Groce will keep him just in case there are injuries at our center position and he needs to bring him in like last year. 

• Like 1

Some breakdowns on defense at times today.  The whole team looked a little disinterested at times.

Looks like Roscoe has fallen out of favor, not getting in until very late today.  Groce was good and perturbed with him at the JAR a couple of weeks ago and I wonder if he's not in the dog house right now. 

• Like 1