2019 Zips Representing the USA

...The 21-year-old midfielder is one of eight players on the roster to earn their first call-up and one of 13 who are uncapped. Lewis has previously played for the U-20 MNT and was part of the U.S. squad that won the 2017 Concacaf U-20 Championship. ...

DETAILED ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (4): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 1/0), Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 5/0), Tyler Miller (LAFC; 0/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 6/0)

DEFENDERS (10): Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; 2/0), Greg Garza (FC Cincinnati; 10/0), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 2/0), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact/CAN; 0/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Keegan Rosenberry (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Auston Trusty (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 4/1)  

MIDFIELDERS (11): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 23/2), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 17/2), Corey Baird (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 142/17), Russell Canouse (D.C. United; 0/0), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC/CAN; 6/0), Jonathan Lewis (New York City FC; 0/0), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 5/1), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 5/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 11/0)

FORWARDS (3): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers, 0/0), Christian Ramirez (LAFC; 0/0), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 40/6)

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Wil Trapp and Jonathan Lewis!!!

BERHALTER SELECTS FINAL 23-PLAYER TRAVEL ROSTER FOR U.S. MNT MATCHES AGAINST PANAMA AND COSTA RICA

DETAILED ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (2): Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 5/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 6/0)

DEFENDERS (8): Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; 2/0), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 2/0), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact/CAN; 0/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Keegan Rosenberry (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Auston Trusty (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 4/1)  

MIDFIELDERS (10): Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 17/2), Corey Baird (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 142/17), Russell Canouse (D.C. United; 0/0), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC/CAN; 6/0), Jonathan Lewis (New York City FC; 0/0), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 5/1), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 5/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 11/0)

FORWARDS (3): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers, 0/0), Christian Ramirez (LAFC; 0/0), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 40/6)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TennZip said:

Three years ago, Jonathan Lewis was criticized by many (me) for lack of a reliable left foot.  Well, youngsters can improve.  That left footed cross on the ground was world class!  Well done, JLew!

• Like 3

Trapp to Lewis to Lletget was awesome, and I had the pleasure of being there in Avaya Stadium for it. I love our program so much. We have the greatest players, coaches, and alumni. I just cannot say enough about how special Zips Men’s Soccer truly is!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Family!

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 3

“Me and Jonathan’s been working on that backside cross this whole camp. So I knew he was going to hit it far post...”  :thumb:

Edited by Zip_ME87

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2019/02/03/03/24/20190202-feat-mnt-sebastian-lletget-emotional-goal-return-avaya-stadium

...The goal itself was the product of understanding the developed between the 26-year-old midfielder and winger Jonathan Lewis during this year’s January Camp. For his part, Lewis registered his second assist in as many games, capping a great first camp for the New York City FC attacker. 

“It’s interesting because Jonathan and I have been working on that cross and back post finish for the entire camp,” Lletget said. “He’s been working on it and I’ve been working on my finishing. It’s crazy that that exact play happened today.” ...