17 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

They better support the Black and Gold better than in the past.  Even during the discussed exit, when they were having rally games to show support, the seats were only 3/4 full in a small stadium.  I go to 6 to 8 matches a season, and was very disappointed in the attitude of the fan base when they should have been showing support with their $$$

I don't have anything other than a gut feel for this, but Precourt did much to undermine his team over his time of ownership...the exclusive deal with TWC/Spectrum to show home matches is a great example...only those who had TWC/Spectrum could get the games. That's no way to grow a fan base. People can't get interested if they can't watch. 

11 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

They better support the Black and Gold better than in the past.  Even during the discussed exit, when they were having rally games to show support, the seats were only 3/4 full in a small stadium.  I go to 6 to 8 matches a season, and was very disappointed in the attitude of the fan base when they should have been showing support with their $$$

The upswing is underway. The Crew will be one of the hottest tickets in central Ohio. I bought my season tickets today and I was surprised at how much of the stadium was sold out. Last season's attendance was a direct backlash against Precourt and MLS, which directed the relocation effort. No one wanted to give Precourt any more money. Plus the league only gave us two home games in July and August to try to fabricate the myth that Columbus isn't supported. That, like much of what Precourt and the league did, was a lie. Over 12,000 season ticket pledges were made if Precourt left and the team stayed. With the new owners, coach (Caleb), GM (Bez), downtown stadium and Mahfre repurposed into a soccer complex Columbus will be the envy of MLS. 

• Like 4

Mic'd Up | Go behind the scenes of the Crew's 2019 MLS SuperDraft

Cool. In addition to Caleb and Bez, former Zip and new Crew Assistant, Pablo Moreira, is at the Crew's draft table to Caleb's far right.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:08 PM, Zip_ME87 said:

I don't have anything other than a gut feel for this, but Precourt did much to undermine his team over his time of ownership...the exclusive deal with TWC/Spectrum to show home matches is a great example...only those who had TWC/Spectrum could get the games. That's no way to grow a fan base. People can't get interested if they can't watch. 

I'm not sure what kind of TV deal the Crew are going to strike this year, especially since it wasn't finalized until early December that they were staying, but all out of market MLS matches air on ESPN+. Cleveland/Akron/Canton all are considered out of market so if you live in NEO and Spectrum ends up being the regional carrier again, there are other options available to view games live.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fox Sports Ohio has reportedly reached a multi-year deal to become the regional carrier for the Columbus Crew. If you're a cord cutter who has ESPN+, you should also be able to watch matches there as long as you live outside of the Columbus media market.

https://theathletic.com/817155/2019/02/13/fox-sports-ohio-becomes-new-television-home-for-the-columbus-crew/

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

According to this article on the Crew's website, today's Carolina Challenge Cup matches will be streamed by the Charleston Battery. Scroll to the bottom of the article. (The Crew v Chicago Fire match is at 5 pm ET today with the Battery v FC CIncy at 7:30 pm ET)

https://www.columbuscrewsc.com/post/2019/02/16/another-test-crew-sc-awaits-carolina-challenge-cup-opener

... Each match will be live-streamed online through CharlestonBattery.com, while supporters planning to be in attendance for the entire week can purchase a 2019 CCC Series Ticket Package, or can opt for single-day ticket options. For each day, gates open at 3:30 p.m. ET. ...

2 hours ago, MDZip said:

I thought the name Justin Meram sounded familiar. He was the Michigan player who scored a goal for them just a couple minutes into the 2010 National semifinal in Santa Barbara. 

What a horrible moment that was. Such a quick, deflating goal. Then Perry Kitchen yelled SNIPER and sent the equalizer in from Akron, OH. :NCAAC:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

What a horrible moment that was. Such a quick, deflating goal. Then Perry Kitchen yelled SNIPER and sent the equalizer in from Akron, OH. :NCAAC:

Perry Kitchen is legendary !!!  It seemed that every ball in the air belonged to Perry.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

is this photo......from that semifinal game....right after Perry yelled SNIPER ?

• 2 weeks later...