Game 14- Western Michigan Broncos

clarkwgriswold

I thought Ivey had one of the best all around games I have ever seen him play.  He was all over the floor on offense and defense.  He had a great block from behind when the Western player had a clear path to the basket for a layup.

I liked the first 5 possessions which were all layups.  I remember looking at the score with 15 minutes in the half and the scored was tied at 11.  I thought this was going to be a high scoring game.  Then neither team could make a shot for the next 10 minutes.  A lot of these shots were bunnies.  I saw Sayles make a great drop step move and then miss an open layup.  We missed a lot of easy shots close to the basket.  I guess the theory in today's game is that if you cannot make the short shots then you can make the three ball.  Riak took a 3 shot and then the next possession their center shot a 3.  It was ugly basketball.  We could not shoot the 3 ball today.  After taking one or two 3 balls in the first 5 minutes we then took 28 for the rest of the game.  I am still not convinced that this team is a good shooting 3 ball tea.

I thought we son this game because we more more athletic, quicker to the ball, played better defense, and Ivey had a great game.  The old adage is that defense can win you games.  I think we saw that today.

1 minute ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Just wondered how many of you saw they want TEN BUCKS for parking in the deck now. Wow, really? That'll keep the fans coming. This ain't the MAC Tournament. There wasn't even anybody collecting at the Marshall game.

An Akron game is as expensive as a Cavs game right now. 

4 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Just wondered how many of you saw they want TEN BUCKS for parking in the deck now. Wow, really? That'll keep the fans coming. This ain't the MAC Tournament. There wasn't even anybody collecting at the Marshall game.

I saw that.  Used to be free.  But I've seen that for the last few home games.  Oddly,folks were still parking there 

9 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I saw that.  Used to be free.  But I've seen that for the last few home games.  Oddly,folks were still parking there 

You get a parking pass to the deck with GA season tickets. I'm guessing that's who you're mostly seeing coming in and out of the deck before and after games.

27 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

We were spoiled. $10 is a steal at most decent sporting events. I might even be crazy enough to argue that free parking even contributed to our games feeling more like a small time event. Even if it was pretty nice though :lol:

all those houses are leveled on spicer by infocision.......so just park on the grass! :)

4 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

Looks like we got 9 points total at center.

Zeke and Big Dog both had 1000+ point careers.

This has to change or we will not win in the MAC.

Big Dog never went to the NCAA tourney.

Our ability to finish around the rim absolutely needs to improve, but guards run March. Groce's guard-heavy teams at OU beat us twice in the MAC Championship Game, and had success in the NCAA tourney. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 3