2019 Preseason

Dr Z

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Section210Zip said:

Should we read anything into the hoodie in this pic? 

Warren McCarty twitter

Not sure about 'reading in'. What I am thinking is that the new coach has no allegiances to anybody on the roster who doesn't perform up to HIS expectations. Thats from the QB on down.

Would imagine that some folks who started last season won't be this season. New sheriff, new deputies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

Not sure about 'reading in'. What I am thinking is that the new coach has no allegiances to anybody on the roster who doesn't perform up to HIS expectations. Thats from the QB on down.

Would imagine that some folks who started last season won't be this season. New sheriff, new deputies.

I have NO idea what you all are talking about?  Who is the guy in the hoody?  Who is the guy from Samoa?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Ohhh....sorry, didn't know that, I was ready to blame Milwee....

It's okay. Most everything could have been blamed on Milwee. I still blame him for almost everything, including Terry getting fired for being too stubborn to fire his ass.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blueandgold said:

It's okay. Most everything could have been blamed on Milwee. I still blame him for almost everything, including Terry getting fired for being too stubborn to fire his ass.

I have it on good authority that Mueller is set to interview Milwee. His impact went far beyond being an OC.

• 2 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see if LB Michael Scott has a strong spring. I wonder if he might contribute in 2019. Can't count out Arslanian to have more of an impact in 2019, but are there any other 5' 9" LB's in FBS?

On the defensive line Matt Hanson is going to have to play more solid minutes and I expect Logan Hawkins to show up in 2019.

In the defensive backfield, it's time for Lubin to shine.

I don't think we are as weak on defense as some prognosticators think, but we are thin.

2019 should be interesting. Wouldn't surprise me to see a significant increase in offensive stats in 2019. Illinois will be a good gauge. They are beatable.   

Edited by UA1987
  • Like 2

I have confidence in both Lubin and Riley, but they've each got very little experience. They could both end up being great players, but banking on them is pretty risky, IMO. With our depth of safeties (Davis, Featherstone, Hooks, Jacobs, Hall, Adetutu, and incoming Corey Thomas), I wonder if they don't look at moving one of them to CB at least for this year. I wouldn't mind one of our extra schollies going to a grad transfer CB to add some depth at the position. With what we have coming back and the recruiting class, I don't think I'm too worried about the front 7 and def not worried about the safeties.

I expect the offense to take a big step forward. Our OL has another year experience and is healthy and some of our younger players who weren't ready last year should be ready now (RJ Kelly, Fonte, Devin Jordan).

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1