2019 Preseason

Dr Z

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

In this article, GT says something that struck me as odd:

What was Arth sharing with potential recruits? Some fans of UA football may bristle at the prospect, but based on the nearly hourlong presentation he gave to them and their families, he views the entire process as a two-way street. Arth said players should ask potential coaches a fundamental question: “How are you going to change my life?” The answer should figure prominently in their decision-making process.

Why would GT think "Some fans of UA football may bristle at the prospect," of Arth telling players he views recruiting as a "two-way street?"  I don't understand why he'd think that would make us "bristle."  Does that idea offend anyone here?  

50 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

In this article, GT says something that struck me as odd:

What was Arth sharing with potential recruits? Some fans of UA football may bristle at the prospect, but based on the nearly hourlong presentation he gave to them and their families, he views the entire process as a two-way street. Arth said players should ask potential coaches a fundamental question: “How are you going to change my life?” The answer should figure prominently in their decision-making process.

Why would GT think "Some fans of UA football may bristle at the prospect," of Arth telling players he views recruiting as a "two-way street?"  I don't understand why he'd think that would make us "bristle."  Does that idea offend anyone here?  

If old George doesn't say something at least once a week that leaves me scratching my head I start thinking he may have a ghost writer.

• Like 2

Really good article by GT today:

ABJ: Veteran receivers could be strength for Zips

GT mentions Boogie Knight, Jonah Morris, Nate Stewart & Timothy Scipio, but again, no mention of Andre Williams.

GT mentions walk-on Brandon Lee is lightning fast & has even gotten reps with the 1st-Team.

Edit:  Looks like Brandon Lee is a transfer walk-on from Mount Union.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 5:52 PM, Blue & Gold said:

Matt Hanson transferring.

Matthew just posted this.  Don't know if grade issues are what actually prompted his initial need/desire to transfer?  Hope everything works out for him.  Wonder if there's any chance we'll see him back in blue & gold, ala, DeVonte Jest?

Edited by Blue & Gold

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Matthew just posted this.  Don't know if grade issues are what actually prompted his initial need/desire to transfer?  Hope everything works out for him.  Wonder if there's any chance we'll see him back in blue & gold, ala, DeVonte Jest?

I find it interesting that, per his tweet, he was transferring due to family health but ended up 443 miles farther away from home (Fort Lauderdale). He must have some family in Fort Dodge, Iowa.