2019 Preseason

Dr Z

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Can you be available when I talk to players at practice? Or at least can you recommend a dictionary that converts athlete to English. :D

5 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Sorry, there's too large a gap between a 72 Roo and a 19 Roo. 

animated-elderly-image-0067.gif

This post is highly inflammatory. There is no way I would ever wear purple slippers. Gotta go, I need to yell at the neighbors kids to keep off my lawn.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

I believe Arth said we had a few scholarships still available after national signing day and that was before we lost a few guys to transfer. I'm expecting a large 2020 recruiting class. 

I think this a very smart move. The program has been at best, stagnant, and at worst, in decline. Holding back a few scholarships after what is hopefully an exciting season will only benefit the program more. 

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Hopefully this helps establish a nice pipeline from McKinley to Akron.

Definitely.  Marcus Wattley as HC & Otis as an assistant.  I just hope neither have bad feelings or resentment toward UA for not being retained by Coach Arth.  Here's the tweet I saw.  Idk when/where it was taken, but Otis is sporting Zips' gear.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2019 at 2:46 PM, Blue & Gold said:

I’m on my phone, so can’t post the tweet, but it looks like Otis Mounds is now an assistant coach at McKinley under Marcus Wattley.

Are you ever off the phone?  I'm starting to think you're a player agent or something!  image.png

• Haha 1

Zips Named to Athlon’s Preseason All-MAC List

AKRON, Ohio – Six University of Akron football players have been named to Athlon Sports’ 2019 preseason All-Mid-American Conference teams, the magazine announced on Tuesday.

Earning preseason first-team All-MAC were seniors CB Alvin Davis, Jr. (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), and LB John Lako (Monroe, Mich.).

Sophomore punt returner Jeremiah Knight (Jefferson, Ohio) was a second-team honoree.

Named to the preseason third-team was junior WR Andre Williams (Orlando, Fla.).

Seniors OL Brandon Council (Tar Heel, N.C.) and DL Josh Ward (Delray Beach, Fla.) were fourth-team honorees. 

• Like 1