Sign in to follow this  
Dr Z

2019 Preseason

What the hell did he just say? Do we have a board interpreter? If he is at UA I hope he pays attention to his English classes. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Dre Williams

He’s only going to get better. Really looking forward to seeing what Arth and Gasser do with our WR’s this year, and next (with everyone returning).

• Like 2

Thank you. Can you be available when I talk to players at practice? Or at least can you recommend a dictionary that converts athlete to English. :D

1 hour ago, 72 Roo said:

Thank you. Can you be available when I talk to players at practice? Or at least can you recommend a dictionary that converts athlete to English. :D

Sorry, there's too large a gap between a 72 Roo and a 19 Roo. 

animated-elderly-image-0067.gif

• Haha 1

I'm a 12 roo and I only understood about half of what he was saying. Maybe I should freshen up on my ebonics.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Sorry, there's too large a gap between a 72 Roo and a 19 Roo. 

animated-elderly-image-0067.gif

This post is highly inflammatory. There is no way I would ever wear purple slippers. Gotta go, I need to yell at the neighbors kids to keep off my lawn.

• Haha 4

Nice. I was wondering/hoping to land some transfers since we've had a few younger people transfer out and presumably had open scholarships.

• Like 1

I believe Arth said we had a few scholarships still available after national signing day and that was before we lost a few guys to transfer. I'm expecting a large 2020 recruiting class. 

3 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

I believe Arth said we had a few scholarships still available after national signing day and that was before we lost a few guys to transfer. I'm expecting a large 2020 recruiting class. 

I think this a very smart move. The program has been at best, stagnant, and at worst, in decline. Holding back a few scholarships after what is hopefully an exciting season will only benefit the program more. 

I’m on my phone, so can’t post the tweet, but it looks like Otis Mounds is now an assistant coach at McKinley under Marcus Wattley.

19 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I’m on my phone, so can’t post the tweet, but it looks like Otis Mounds is now an assistant coach at McKinley under Marcus Wattley.

Hopefully this helps establish a nice pipeline from McKinley to Akron.

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Hopefully this helps establish a nice pipeline from McKinley to Akron.

Definitely.  Marcus Wattley as HC & Otis as an assistant.  I just hope neither have bad feelings or resentment toward UA for not being retained by Coach Arth.  Here's the tweet I saw.  Idk when/where it was taken, but Otis is sporting Zips' gear.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2019 at 2:46 PM, Blue & Gold said:

Are you ever off the phone?  I'm starting to think you're a player agent or something!  image.png

• Haha 1