Game 17- Eastern Michigan

clarkwgriswold

I will take an ugly win.  I thought the momentum might swing and the game go the other way when Minnie had that alley oop dunk with about 16:30 left, but the Zips responded quickly.  Daniel wasn't a huge presence on offense tonight as Eastern seemed committed to keeping a big in his face, but he worked his a$$ off on defense fronting their big men, especially Thompson, who I believe only took 5 shots.  Still perplexed that the Eastern coaches couldn't figure out how to take advantage of the size disparity.

36 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

Wow.  We squeaked out a victory.  Not pretty, but I'll take it.

Great effort on defense, for 2 halves! I am very relieved. I liked Groce's postgame comment that the team was coachable tonight.

Let's duplicate the effort at Miami!

From my seat in the JAR it looked like Riak passed up what looked to be an easy path to an uncontested dunk with about 30 seconds left. Instead he passed it off then settled for a 15 footer at the end of the shot clock. We got lucky that layup got missed after that Riak mid-range jumper. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Overall, I was happy with the 40 minutes of effort. 

• Captain Kangaroo changed the title to Game 17- Eastern Michigan http://zipsnation.org/forums/topic/38207-game-17-eastern-michigan-eagles/Eagles