Jump to content
zippy5

Kostelac Possibly Transferring

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, tboned said:

t’s quite obvious there is a racial component to this.  I think Groce should  be relieved  of  Head coaching responsibility  until the entire  issue  is resolved  in court.   At that time a determination can be made on Groce’s future.

 

:eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tboned said:

t’s quite obvious there is a racial component to this.  I think Groce should  be relieved  of  Head coaching responsibility  until the entire  issue  is resolved  in court.   At that time a determination can be made on Groce’s future.

Unless the color on my TV is way way off, there only appears to be two white guys on the team. So yes, those two white guys must be racists picking on the black guys. And one of them got fed up and took him out.

Right, sell that one to someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akronzips71 said:

Gueye, a Senegal native, was used sparingly over his two-year career. He appeared in 45 games, recording a total of 11 points and 38 rebounds. After logging 13 minutes at Tennessee on Feb. 13, Gueye didn’t play again in 2017-18.


Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-mens-basketball/article207152904.html#storylink=cpy

 

And you guys think he was not asked to leave?

 

You just completely changed your narrative from being kicked off the team to be asked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

 

You just completely changed your narrative from being kicked off the team to be asked.

Like being asked to resign instead of getting fired.

 

This coach has no control over this team. The incidents under KD happened off the team. This happened in school at practice. Gigantic difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

Like being asked to resign instead of getting fired.

 

This coach has no control over this team. The incidents under KD happened off the team. This happened in school at practice. Gigantic difference.

Maybe they were too busy beating players from the women's team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Right, Tree never walked out and quit the team in the middle of practice or anything

I don't remember him knocking a teammate unconscious on the practice floor.

Maybe you can post a link to that to refresh my memory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, akronzips71 said:

I don't remember him knocking a teammate unconscious on the practice floor.

Maybe you can post a link to that to refresh my memory.

 

oWUuoMf.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I've never seen so much angst over a "player" who never played a minute for the Zips, and another who was 0.001% away from being a walk-on.

 

Jimmond Ivey is playing some great basketball right now, if anyone'd noticed.:)

Thank you. I was about to make the exact same comment after reading much of this thread :)

 

Let cooler heads prevail. Sometimes kids get lost in the heat of the moment. In my experience, no side is completely innocent in this kind of situation. Kids got heated at practice. Life happens. The most important thing is that they have someone there to help them learn from their mistakes. That's how young people grow into adults (ideally, although not always) haha. 

 

There's a lot of basketball left to play. Hopefully Jimond's play becomes contagious and they can keep building some momentum into tournament play.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ZippyforPresident said:

Thank you. I was about to make the exact same comment after reading much of this thread :)

 

Let cooler heads prevail. Sometimes kids get lost in the heat of the moment. In my experience, no side is completely innocent in this kind of situation. Kids got heated at practice. Life happens. The most important thing is that they have someone there to help them learn from their mistakes. That's how young people grow into adults (ideally, although not always) haha. 

 

There's a lot of basketball left to play. Hopefully Jimond's play becomes contagious and they can keep building some momentum into tournament play.

Post of the year!  Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×