Game 23- PCCC Golden Flushes

clarkwgriswold

Future Flushes - I have seen Stow High play on several occasions this season, and I am SO happy that the Portage County Community College has signed 6'10" Evan Bainbridge.  Not to pick on this kid, he seems to be a nice, good kid, no issues, but he is not going to be a threat to the Zips in years ahead, IMHO.  In the three games I've watched, he has scored 2, zero, and 4 points against teams that have no one over 6'4".  He LOVES to play outside the 3 line, so he's not even a threat on rebounding.  His coach is  one of the best in Summit County, maybe Ohio, and if he can't figure out how to get him the ball, I don't know who can.  Now I know that kids mature differently, and maybe Pinky can help him transition in to a good MAC baller ( :lol: ) but I'm not concerned.  

3 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

Future Flushes - I have seen Stow High play on several occasions this season, and I am SO happy that the Portage County Community College has signed 6'10" Evan Bainbridge.  Not to pick on this kid, he seems to be a nice, good kid, no issues, but he is not going to be a threat to the Zips in years ahead, IMHO.  In the three games I've watched, he has scored 2, zero, and 4 points against teams that have no one over 6'4".  He LOVES to play outside the 3 line, so he's not even a threat on rebounding.  His coach is  one of the best in Summit County, maybe Ohio, and if he can't figure out how to get him the ball, I don't know who can.  Now I know that kids mature differently, and maybe Pinky can help him transition in to a good MAC baller ( :lol: ) but I'm not concerned.  

To his credit, Stow has little else so he sees a lot of double teams and his coach isn't much one for altering a game plan.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 9:30 AM, ZipsVoice said:

He doesn't sound like a Pinky recruit, much less a Can't recruit in general. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The Flushes are all about the guards.  Walker averages over 23, leading the MAC in scoring while Avery competently runs to the point.  Beating them is all about slowing those two down.

Would too bad if they are seniors? Not so much the kid from Richfield.

• Confused 1