Game 19 - Central Michigan Chippewas

clarkwgriswold

The Chippewas come into the JAR Tuesday night to face the struggling Zips.  On January 8th, the Zips fell to the Chipps by 2 in OT at Mt. Pleasant.  The Chipps are 14-3 (not including today's Ball State game).  6-2 senior guard Larry Austin continues to lead their scoring at 17.6 ppg while 605 junior guard Kevin McKay leads rebounding at 7.3 ppg. 

13 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Bad weather + walk from the deck+ bad basketball = low attendance

Decent quality ESPN3/+ feeds don't help either. Have to admit that weather+ho-hum opponent+ESPN3/+ has kept me away 2-3 times this year. Was really ready for MAC play but that's starting to fade ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

George's article from today's Beacon on the awful 3 point shooting.  I like how he wraps it up-  "Until then, they’d be wise to take advantage of the size they have on the inside in Deng Riak, their 6-foot-10 center, who has been woefully underutilized at this point, and his backup Jaden Sayles."   I really wish he'd stick to just giving up the facts and some quotes from the coach.

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20190121/university-of-akron-basketball-poor-3-point-shooting-adds-to-offensive-woes-for-zips

George apparently sees some offensive skills in a guy who scored 3.2 ppg in 21 minutes of play per game in his last season at ECU and a guy whose limited shooting range makes the restricted zone arc look like the 3 point line.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

Tossed around taking the family to the game tonight so I took a look gozips.com for tickets.  Was pleasantly surprised to see they added a single game family pack (4 tickets) at a discounted rate (only $13.75 vs $15, but still).  I added a family pack to my cart and went to checkout.  $87.00.  

I'll watch on ESPN+.

9 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Tossed around taking the family to the game tonight so I took a look gozips.com for tickets.  Was pleasantly surprised to see they added a single game family pack (4 tickets) at a discounted rate (only $13.75 vs $15, but still).  I added a family pack to my cart and went to checkout.  $87.00.  

I'll watch on ESPN+.

Out of curiosity I gave it a look and it seems to be the online processing fees running up the cost. In the future if you want to go to the game it might just be best to call and talk to a representative then pick up tickets at will call. I believe you should be able to avoid the fees that way.

image.png

11 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

I'll watch on ESPN+.

$87.  Unbelievable.

22 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

I'll watch on ESPN+.

I am a season ticket holder and sometimes bring a friend or family member.  I always buy my extra ticket at the window.  Rarely a line and when there is  a short line a person will stop by and give me a ticket that they cannot use.  It makes no sense to buy your ticket online because of the added fees.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Even though I can only make maybe half of the games, I still buy a season ticket.  It's a steal.

I agree, single game tickets are $15 and I paid $60 for my season tickets. It only requires attending 4 games to hit a break even point and that doesn't even factor in the free parking for my season tickets. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I expect I'll have 2 extra tickets tonight. No handling fee ($0 x 4 = $0). No order processing fee. CK-bay™ policies are very family-friendly.

I expect I'll be at The Score prior to the game if you want them. 

...meeting up with Captain Kangaroo before a Zips game..........Priceless.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

We should have beat them in Mount Pleasant.  In addition to wanting revenge, I'm a little nervous about the direction the season will go if we lose tonight. So, yeah, I'm pretty excited about the game tonight.

We play ok at home, so I'm tentatively confident of our chances to pull out the "W."

How's that for hedging?

• Like 1