65 Years of Excellence fundfaiser

I hope Zips faithful will contribute to this as best they can. This is an important fundraiser that I thought would go out to a wider distribution. Coach Embick is staying and keeping Zips Men's Soccer at the highest levels. We only lost 2 starters from last season among those who left as seniors or underclassmen. We have 4 players who joined for Spring with at least 4 more (reported by Top Drawer Soccer) coming, and I'm confident to say the 2019 Zips look to pick up where they left off in 2018. In 2009, the Zips were National Runners Up in Cary, NC; in 2010, the Zips were National Champions in Santa Barbara. Next year, the College Cup is in Cary, NC...so, let's switch that around. 2018/Runners Up in Santa Barbara, 2019/National Champions in Cary.

Go Zips!!!

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

I'm surprised this topic hasn't been brought up yet on this forum. UA is looking for $65,000 by February 20th. 

http://give.uakron.edu/site/MessageViewer?em_id=3981.0&s_AffiliateSecCatId=1&dlv_id=7601&pw_id=1481

Thank you for posting.

I had heard that this was coming....but I had not heard nothing about it.

When was this letter posted?

This campaign is intended to insure that the Zip men's soccer program stays in the top 5 in the country, where it belongs. The top 5 programs are Akron, Indiana, Wake Forest, UCLA and Maryland. Stanford could be argued as one of the top 5 also. We are the only program that is not a Power 5 school. The stress on resources at Akron to keep up is extreme. And yet, as Zip_ME87 says, we are loaded like no other program for a great run next year. Players, that at other programs may leave early, stay at Akron because of the culture, the coaches, the style, the love the community has for soccer and a good chance to succeed in the pros if they stay as long as possible.

The university has been under tremendous financial pressure due to the drop in enrollment. Until the enrollment is increased and stabilized athletic budgets will be affected. It will take 3-5 years to reach enrollment goals so until then this campaign is necessary to put soccer on a sound footing and keep the outstanding staff we have. Preliminary feedback from our pro soccer alums is very favorable. They are committed to keeping the program strong. But they can't do it alone that's why the university is reaching out to all fans, friends and alums to make this a success. Consider being part of this outstanding athletic tradition. Your support is needed. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TennZip said:

Thank you for posting.

I had heard that this was coming....but I had not heard nothing about it.

When was this letter posted?

I received an email from Dr. Green earlier this week. I assume this was sent to Z-fund donors and soccer season ticket holders.

9 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

I received an email from Dr. Green earlier this week. I assume this was sent to Z-fund donors and soccer season ticket holders.

thanks...I have season tickets and I donate to soccer only...I did not get anything from Dr. Green

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, malonepioneer12 said:

Does anyone know the amount given?  I saw what it was last week but just curious.  

The last I saw was what TennZip posted above on Feb 9th.

Edited by Zip_ME87

• 2 weeks later...