Game 21- Ohio University Bobcats

clarkwgriswold

Solid D all season long. I can deal with a sputtering offense when I see the effort the guys give on the other end. Have to be physically fit to play the way we do. So far, so good today.

Up by 21. Come on Zips - give me 13 more minutes of this to keep bobkitty fans on their board talking about OU logos in the Akron game thread and we're good.

Go Zips!

Edited by GoZips88

10 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

I obviously enjoy beating Kent. It's kind of a relief not losing to your rival. But beating OU is just so satisfying.

What started the O-Who rivalry was Bubba Walther, who became a traitor and transferred in division. Ironically, what cemented the rivalry was Groce's tenure there and the success he had. Now half their fan base views him as a traitor. 

• Like 1

Just now, NWAkron said:

Who is going to Kitten Attack?

I've been over there all game. I think I might be the only one that was on there for the game. 

They're ready to move on from Saul. I don't know if it's right to say the program is on life support, but there is not a lot of excitement at all surrounding it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I've been over there all game. I think I might be the only one that was on there for the game. 

They're ready to move on from Saul. I don't know if it's right to say the program is on life support, but there is not a lot of excitement at all surrounding it. 

Yep. I took a peak over there because I get enjoyment over bobkitten tears, but there is....nothing.

Just now, LZIp said:

Yep. I took a peak over there because I get enjoyment over bobkitten tears, but there is....nothing.

Yep. It's really annoying. I don't know if I'm going to regret saying this, but I miss the passion over there because it made the tears that much sweeter. It's not fun having a rival when they don't care... :(

The Zips get week off before heading into Athens to face the kittens next week.  As I recall, the game is part of a doubleheader at Athens with the OU women's team to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Convocation Center with $5 tickets to fill the place.  The Kittens are 11-8 overall and 3-4 in the MAC.  In the MAC, they have beaten Ball State twice and Western with losses to BG, Northern, PCCC and Toledo.  After a tough start, they are on a two game win streak.    Redshirt freshman forward Jason Carter leads their scoring at 16/7 ppg while senior forward Doug Taylor leads rebounding at 7.7 rpg.

On 1/27/2019 at 3:42 PM, NWAkron said:

Hard to win at NIU because there's no crowd.   Hard to win at OU because crowd is too big.  But Akrons crowd is in the middle and teams can't win at the JAR.

On 1/27/2019 at 3:06 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

I didn't mean to imply they would overlook OU, rather that I think OU may play way over their heads with the big crowd, etc. 

Many in the crowd came dressed as empty seats.

• Like 2