Gueye transferring

dirtyolcrowe

18 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

We're currently at 13 scholarships for next season according to @Illini Zip spreadsheet, which actually already puts us 1 over.

image.png

I guess quick guards and aggressive power forwards replace are better than unskilled center.  So who is going to move on?  Sayles or EMan?

Edited by NWAkron

9 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I guess quick guards and aggressive power forwards replace are better than unskilled center.  So who is going to move on?  Sayles or EMan?

13 is the scholarship limit, so noone needs to move on.  Although if we get another commit we would be over again.

• Thanks 1

I will be curious to see where this young man lands.  Beating up a teammate during a practice will not endure you to many coaches.   It is weird how the NCAA will remove an athletes eligability for a recruiting violation but he is still eligble after knocking a teammate unconcious.

Edited by 1981 grad

3 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

I doubt any D1 coach would take him. He'll probably find his way onto a JUCO or NAIA roster I'm guessing. Has he even been convicted yet? You're opening pandora's box if you're wanting the NCAA to ban players without a criminal conviction.

That is sorta true.

Keep in mind that UA banned Tree, AA and Diggs without a conviction.

1 hour ago, akronzips71 said:

That is sorta true.

Keep in mind that UA banned Tree, AA and Diggs without a conviction.

I have no problem with teams policing themselves. That's how it should be. The NCAA coming in to conduct an investigation and banning players/coaches should be reserved for things like the Sandusky scandal where a program failed in policing itself.

Edited by kreed5120