Gueye transferring

dirtyolcrowe

27 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

BUT, did K-Lac need to quit in the ,middle of the season?

It can be difficult for any student athlete to get motivated to go through the grind of classes, practices and those long winter bus rides. After you get beaten into unconsciousness, I have to assume it’s even tougher.

2 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

It can be difficult for any student athlete to get motivated to go through the grind of classes, practices and those long winter bus rides. After you get beaten into unconsciousness, I have to assume it’s even tougher.

I guess. Just seems like he could have finished the season, and possibly increased his own value.

10 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

I was asking a simple question. I wasn't sure where he was trying to go with his post.

10 hours ago, zippy5 said:

I don't want to speak for LZip but I was fairly certain that was just in response to the Pandora's box comment

I don't really have an opinion either way, TBH. Like zippy5 said, my comment was more in relation to the Pandora's box comment. It seems the NCAA has stepped in there and it not become a huge issue. 

11 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

BUT, did K-Lac need to quit in the ,middle of the season?

I don't know the NCAA rules, but I suspect that the earlier he withdraws coupled with the circumstances make it easier for him to argue that this year should be treated like a red shirt year and not count against his eligibility.

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I don't know the NCAA rules, but I suspect that the earlier he withdraws coupled with the circumstances make it easier for him to argue that this year should be treated like a red shirt year and not count against his eligibility.

Even if he loses his waiver to be immediately eligible for fall semester, he'll still be eligible for the spring semester by sitting out now. Him leaving the team now was the best decision for him. We have 3 bigs that are better than him and we only play 1 big at a time. He wasn't going to see meaningful minutes and his departure doesn't hurt the Zips chances. 

4 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Even if he loses his waiver to be immediately eligible for fall semester, he'll still be eligible for the spring semester by sitting out now. Him leaving the team now was the best decision for him. We have 3 bigs that are better than him and we only play 1 big at a time. He wasn't going to see meaningful minutes and his departure doesn't hurt the Zips chances. 

And those 3 bigs are all coming back with Williams coming in too.  Not a positive future for Mark with the Zips.  Wish the kid luck.

11 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

And those 3 bigs are all coming back with Williams coming in too.  Not a positive future for Mark with the Zips.  Wish the kid luck.

I'm looking forward to Williams playing next year. He'll be a nice stretch 4, which should free up Utomi to see more minutes at his more natural SF position. Reece is coming in as a junior next year too so you have to think Groce thinks he can make an immediate impact in the big man rotation to offer him a scholarship instead of taking a flier on a freshman.

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

I'm looking forward to Williams playing next year. He'll be a nice stretch 4, which should free up Utomi to see more minutes at his more natural SF position. Reece is coming in as a junior next year too so you have to think Groce thinks he can make an immediate impact in the big man rotation to offer him a scholarship instead of taking a flier on a freshman.

From what I have seen of Reece he's shorter than your average 4, but he plays larger.  You are exactly right that it will be good to free up Utomi.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

That's the most detail anyone has mentioned as far as to what took place. Glad Gueye is gone. Not buying the unprovoked part, but the striking multiple times is alarming. I hope the Tampa basketball coach has some common sense to not let him play ball there. And please tell me Gueye didn't wear some sort of long winter Nike jacket to the courtroom instead of a suit...

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

That's the most detail anyone has mentioned as far as to what took place. Glad Gueye is gone. Not buying the unprovoked part, but the striking multiple times is alarming. I hope the Tampa basketball coach has some common sense to not let him play ball there. And please tell me Gueye didn't wear some sort of long winter Nike jacket to the courtroom instead of a suit...

If he wore "some sort of long winter Nike jacket" to Akron Muni Court, he was overdressed.  

2 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Well then you would be wrong.

I mean it might not have been provoked in that moment, but do we know the history between the two? I mean for someone to literally and continuously beat someone unconscious without any ill-will towards them in the moment or from previous altercations is disturbing and I agree with @akronzips71 that he should have been deported - if it was truly unprovoked. 

2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I mean it might not have been provoked in that moment, but do we know the history between the two? I mean for someone to literally and continuously beat someone unconscious without any ill-will towards them in the moment or from previous altercations is disturbing and I agree with @akronzips71 that he should have been deported - if it was truly unprovoked. 

Why do people with NO information jump to the conclusion that this was somehow provoked by the victim.

This is a very sad trend in American Justice - to blame the victim for being a victim.

He beat K-LAC unconscious.

Should be in prison. This is a Felony assault.

2 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

Why do people with NO information jump to the conclusion that this was somehow provoked by the victim.

This is a very sad trend in American Justice - to blame the victim for being a victim.

He beat K-LAC unconscious.

Should be in prison. This is a Felony assault.

Ask the defenders of Smollett how instantly believing the "victim" worked out for them. 

I didn't pass judgement on anyone. I believe I've actually said I want to see what all the facts say. I just struggle to understand how someone can beat the snot out of someone unprovoked, especially in a sport where altercations are somewhat common, but involve actions by each party involved. It's common sense to think there would be some sort of provoking history. I didn't blame the victim for being the victim, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Ask the defenders of Smollett how instantly believing the "victim" worked out for them. 

I didn't pass judgement on anyone. I believe I've actually said I want to see what all the facts say. I just struggle to understand how someone can beat the snot out of someone unprovoked, especially in a sport where altercations are somewhat common, but involve actions by each party involved. It's common sense to think there would be some sort of provoking history. I didn't blame the victim for being the victim, though. 

WINNER! DUMB POST OF THE MONTH

You just compared someone who falsely reported a crime that he made up with someone who was knocked unconscious in front of witnesses.

Seriously dude, get some help.

10 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

WINNER! DUMB POST OF THE MONTH

You just compared someone who falsely reported a crime that he made up with someone who was knocked unconscious in front of witnesses.

Seriously dude, get some help.

No, I compared the fact-absent-defendants of the victim in that situation, to the fact-absent-defendants of the victim in this situation, as I was falsely accused of instantly blaming the victim without facts for being the victim. 

I will be removing myself from any further discussion in this thread. 

No need to be a prick to @Let'sGoZips94

I get what he's saying. It's hard to comprehend that somebody would just walk up to somebody and beat them unconscious for no reason whatsoever. That's a perfectly logical thought process and, in my opinion (maybe im misinterpreting), is not blaming K-Lac for anything. We see players "get into it" all the time. Like Cheese and Graves getting in each other's face at the Buffalo game. Nobody at fault, its part of the game. Of course it certainly doesn't warrant being beaten unconscious or any punched thrown at all.

If truly "unprovoked", Gueye has some real issues. I feel bad for K-Lac regardless of the situation. Seems like a good kid who I still feel had potential. Writing off somebody after their freshman season, like many on this board did, isn't fair.

Edited by LZIp