Bowdens 2019 Recruits

I went through the list of Bowden's 2019 recruits on ZipsNation, and per 24/7, it looks like many have not signed with any school. That is unless the website is not updating after Wednesday.  What I thought looked like a good class, does not look very good.  Great job coach Arth.  You set a good foundation for a future MAC championship.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, bigjim said:

I went through the list of Bowden's 2019 recruits on ZipsNation, and per 24/7, it looks like many have not signed with any school. That is unless the website is not updating after Wednesday.  What I thought looked like a good class, does not look very good.  Great job coach Arth.  You set a good foundation for a future MAC championship.

Interesting follow up. i can think of only 3 guys signing - Connolly, McDonald, and Hilton. We kept Uran.

What we may have thought would've been TB's best class yet could have been just another dud full of non-qualifiers/one offers. Players like Hill, Martin, Wilson, and Reese who had multiple other offers signed JUCO or not at all.

Max Wynn signed with Miami.

70 percent of the available scholarships we’re already taken when Arth arrived. It could be that kids committed to Bowden didn’t have many options come January 2019 as other programs had stopped recruiting them. Or, were full at their positions.

i think the biggest positive out of Arth’s initial class is him pulling together a group that’s as good as most MAC classes, in 1/10th the time. It’s exciting to see what he can accomplish when given a full year to recruit.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:42 AM, Blue & Gold said:

He signed LB Jarred Uran and S Adetutu Daranijo.

Two players I was excited about (OL Kobe Hilton & LB Max Wynn) signed with Miami-O.

Two Akron East players I was excited about (DeeArius Reese & Kyre Williams) have academic issues.

Bowden verbal QB Tyler Riddell signed with FCS ETSU.

In addition:

CB Chris McDonald signed with Toledo

OL Tyler Connelly is a Toledo walk-on

CB Keyon Martin mentions on his twitter that he will attend Air Force Academy

OL Jaison Williams signed with FCS Youngstown State

DE Will King signed with Div II Ashland

DT Janil Brown will attend JUCO Garden City CC according to his twitter

As far as I can find, the following did not sign with anyone:

DT Jalen Bell

CB Chris Hill Jr

CB Jesus Santiago

RB Sonny Ray Jones

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2019 at 11:25 AM, Captain Kangaroo said:

Max Wynn signed with Miami.

70 percent of the available scholarships we’re already taken when Arth arrived. It could be that kids committed to Bowden didn’t have many options come January 2019 as other programs had stopped recruiting them. Or, were full at their positions.

i think the biggest positive out of Arth’s initial class is him pulling together a group that’s as good as most MAC classes, in 1/10th the time. It’s exciting to see what he can accomplish when given a full year to recruit.

You may not like recruiting stars but the folks at 247 disagree with you.  Still, I am willing to concede that with a couple more years of Zip recruiting as well or better than this one, and 10 or 11 tragic bus accidents, we should be in line for a conference championship.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=MAC

29 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

You may not like recruiting stars but the folks at 247 disagree with you.  Still, I am willing to concede that with a couple more years of Zip recruiting as well or better than this one, and 10 or 11 tragic bus accidents, we should be in line for a conference championship.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=MAC

I don’t think they disagree with me. Is Buffalo’s 134.23 any better than Akron’s 130 point whatever in something as completely subjective as this rating? After the top 3 or 4 classes, we’re in the mix with the rest. With two hands tied behind Arth’s back.

4 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I don’t think they disagree with me. Is Buffalo’s 134.23 any better than Akron’s 130 point whatever in something as completely subjective as this rating? After the top 3 or 4 classes, we’re in the mix with the rest. With two hands tied behind Arth’s back.

OK, we will have to settle for 3 or 4 tragic bus accidents.

The staff literally had 1 1/2 months to assemble this class and on paper its better than pretty much every Bowden class. Your folks at 247 would agree with that. Just look at this years grades and compare it to previous years grades.

You may be pessimistic, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Arth can do when given a full 12 months to recruit. If he fails to deliver, I'll be the 1st one here complaining about it. The same as I was when I lost faith in Bowden.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:31 PM, kreed5120 said:

The staff literally had 1 1/2 months to assemble this class and on paper its better than pretty much every Bowden class. Your folks at 247 would agree with that. Just look at this years grades and compare it to previous years grades.

You may be pessimistic, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Arth can do when given a full 12 months to recruit. If he fails to deliver, I'll be the 1st one here complaining about it. The same as I was when I lost faith in Bowden.

I am NOT pessimistic.

For example, let me point out that at the current time the Zips are tied for the second best 2020 recruiting class in the MAC.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=MAC

Edited by Zipmeister

• 2 weeks later...