Game 25- Ball State Cardinals

clarkwgriswold

5 point lead with about 2 minutes left. Then shoot EARLY in the shot clock on 2 consecutive possessions ( 1 a 3 pointer). When is this team going to learn how to win??? Pretty basic stuff.

Gave this one away.......

• Like 1

I stated before the game we need our point guard to play well on the road in order to win.  I also indicated he has to stop relying on his 3 ball shot to score because his distance shooting is bad.  He shot 3 for 13 and 0 for 7 from the 3 point line.  He had 3 turnovers to one assist.  We  get no offense from our 2 centers and poor play from our point guard.  You are not going to win many games on the road like that.  Unfortunately, that has been pretty consistent all season on the road.  Really think Groce should have kept Jackson on the bench and Cheese running the offense the last 4 minutes.  We struggled as soon as he came back in to run the offense.  Jackson did make a nice steal at the end and made his free throws.  We just need for him to play better on the road for us to win.  

Too little composure and poor fundamentals down the stretch.  We are too far into the season to blame anything on a lack of experience.

I am beginning to think LCJ is a shooting guard trapped in a (high school freshman's) point guard body.

They shot 30% against a team giving up 42% on the MAC season.

Just another day in our love/hate relationship with the Zips.

30 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Too little composure and poor fundamentals down the stretch.  We are too far into the season to blame anything on a lack of experience.

I am beginning to think LCJ is a shooting guard trapped in a (high school freshman's) point guard body.

They shot 30% against a team giving up 42% on the MAC season.

Just another day in our love/hate relationship with the Zips.

Remember in Groces second season in Athens, they won on road in first round at Muncie and then won in Cleveland.

(also, not a fan of LCJ.  Yes, he can score 20 points and make free throws but there is some very selfish play that may have cost us two games in a row.  Wonder how he's regarded by his teammates)

10 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

One of his better write-ups. Unfortunately.