Game 27- Miami Redhawks

clarkwgriswold

17 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Cheese's growth & development has been fun to watch this season.

Poke and Riak are getting better.

One of the most complete games. Loved it, good win, onto the next one.

Agreed. Usual good defensive effort. Add in the ball movement and better shot selection on offense and it all added up to a comfortable win. In control all the way!

Go Zips!

• Like 3

WE shot 47% from the field and 44% from the 3 line.  That has to be our best shooting percentage all year in the MAC.  I think this team plays so much better when they shoot the 3 ball less and today they only took 25 3 ball shots.  This team can play with anybody when they shoot the ball well.  It seems that Riak and E Man are playing better, especially on defense.  When the team is shooting well their offensive weaknesses are not as glaring.  I thought Groce was going to have a stroke when we were up by 11 and we turned the ball over on a fast break.  He immediately called a timeout.  If we can shoot the ball this well in Buffalo we stand a chance of winning.  Great to see Daniel hitting the mark on the 3 ball.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Loren Jackson only took 6 shots and only 2 three pointers and we won big time.  I know that he made his only short jumper.  He had 4 assists to 2 turnovers.  He was in some foul trouble and only played 25 minutes.  He still scored 11 points and missed several foul shots or would have scored 14.  If he could be more of an assist guy and not lead the team in shots every game I think it would bode well for "teamism."

42 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

Even though Ivey had a few good moments, this is the worst I have seen him play in a very long time. He just wasn't fully engaged today. Otherwise, great teamism from our Zips in a must win game.

He held Miami's leading scorer to 1-8 from the field and had 7 rebounds and 7 assists. I hope he plays this bad all the time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

He held Miami's leading scorer to 1-8 from the field and had 7 rebounds and 7 assists. I hope he plays this bad all the time.

I can't argue with that. But he was not on the same page as everyone else with many of his passes. And I don't remember him leaving his feet and getting caught without an outlet like he did today.