Sign in to follow this  
clarkwgriswold

Game 27- Miami Redhawks

15 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

I can't argue with that. But he was not on the same page as everyone else with many of his passes. And I don't remember him leaving his feet and getting caught without an outlet like he did today.

He was 1 for 7, took no free throws and had 6 turnovers.   To his credit, his effort was up on defense and the boards.

• Like 1

One of those turnovers led to Groce losing his freaking mind and calling a time out. Ivey was also pulled at that point. I don't want to sound like I'm throwing the guy under the bus, because he has made huge strides this year. Huge. And I concede he was effective on the defensive end. But he is the Senior leader on this team. The bar is set high for him and we are going to need his best down the stretch. Hopefully this was just an off day.

8 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

One of those turnovers led to Groce losing his freaking mind and calling a time out. Ivey was also pulled at that point. I don't want to sound like I'm throwing the guy under the bus, because he has made huge strides this year. Huge. And I concede he was effective on the defensive end. But he is the Senior leader on this team. The bar is set high for him and we are going to need his best down the stretch. Hopefully this was just an off day.

The wife and I were wondering if he was under the weather. He did not look like himself out there.