2019 Schedule

zippyfan34

https://gozips.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Good things

• the first time we get our home Kent game earlier in the season (also Homecoming) in a long time so hopefully we will have a decent crowd.
  • bye week before Kent
  • 4 Home Saturday games prior to October 19 which allows for potentially decent weather
  • Close the season with Miami and OU which I assume will be two of the top teams in the East

Not so good things

• 3 MACtion weekday games including 2 at home
  • Like 3

The Ken+/Akron game should be played every year at the end of September/beginning of October. I get that's not the traditional rivalry week, but that's the part of the year that will generate the most fan excitement surrounding the game. Miami/OU should do the same. We can then finish the season off playing OU at the end of the year and Ken+ can play Miami or vice versa.

Edit: I believe the 2009 Morgan State game is the only sell out we've had at Infocision. Anyone think we'll fill the stadium for Ken+? :screwks:

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Anyone think we'll fill the stadium for Ken+? :screwks:

First - You know it's going to be a monsoon for that game...it always is for a big game at InfoCision. Either that, or a few key Zips players will get suspended.

If we avoided aforementioned Curse of InfoCision, and Kent brought in a decent team, I think we could approach the 21k butts-in-seats number.

Very smart, and blatantly obvious move by Larry Willliams to move that game date up from late November. It will be a fun day on campus.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Balsy said:

We will never fill Infocision again.

Balsy's right...if we couldn't fill it this past Fall for Salt 'N Peppa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, Naughty By Nature, Rob Base and Young MC, we have no chance in the future!  :rock:

• Haha 1

- Weird having a MAC game as our 3rd game of the season

- No FCS schools, which is awesome

- All winnable games, which is perfect for a normal year, let alone a coaching transition year

- KSUcks in early October is common sense

- No Toledo

- KSUcks, Buffalo, O-BooWho all at home

- The MAC Championship Game is still marked on the calendar (so you're saying there's a chance...)

Great out of conference schedule.  In the MAC, you play the schedule that you are dealt, with no complaints.  I do not like two Tuesday night games late in the season.  Attendance will be sparse as in the past seasons, especially if bad weather is on the horizon.  Many season ticket holders will think about their renewal, since we will be paying for 6 games and going to 4.  However, it is a better situation than last year with that concert counting as a game.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet. From a season tickets promo email I received today ...

"You can trade in your Tuesday night home game tickets for tickets to any Saturday home game you want. We will either get you tickets as close to your current seats as we can, or we will give you the option to trade in all of your tickets for that game to get seats all together. For example, let’s say you have four season tickets. You want to trade in four of your Tuesday night tickets to use at a Saturday home game. You will now have eight tickets for that Saturday home game. We may not have four tickets close enough to your current four season tickets that you like so we give you eight new tickets in a different location to keep your seats together."

Can ESPN and CBS tighten up camera angles anymore than they already do to limit shots of empty stands? I like the idea but the stands are going to be REALLY ugly Tuesday nights I'm afraid!

• 1 month later...

Won't know for sure until the end of August for the UMass game. All games have bee televised in the past seasons and would expect that to continue. Generally games start at 3PM in the Saturdays before daylight savings time. TV has been on NESN and NESNPlus. Since there is no Red Sox game on the 28th, there is a good chance it will be on NESN National and also available from the UMassAthletics site. Here is visiting guide and the new Video Boards, sound system, south end hospitality plaza, bathrooms and perhaps some ADA stuff as handrails and ADA access on the new* visitors side. * They switched the home side for the cameras, but switched us back this year.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-818378.html

Looks like an At Akron BB game this season and will post on the other board.

Edited by Steve1981
bb game
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Akron @ UMass game time and TV info.

Sat., Sept. 28 • Akron • 3:30 p.m. • FloFootball.com • NESN (tape delay at 5:30 p.m.)

TIME WARNER CABLE, AKRON, OH, 342. TIME WARNER CABLE, CINCINNATI, OH, 342. TIME WARNER CABLE ...

https://nesn.com/about-nesn-national/

https://umassathletics.com/news/2019/8/5/umass-announces-football-broadcast-partnership-with-flosports-nesn-home-game-kickoff-times.aspx

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve1981 said:

Akron @ UMass game time and TV info.

Sat., Sept. 28 • Akron • 3:30 p.m. • FloFootball.com • NESN (tape delay at 5:30 p.m.)

TIME WARNER CABLE, AKRON, OH, 342. TIME WARNER CABLE, CINCINNATI, OH, 342. TIME WARNER CABLE ...

https://nesn.com/about-nesn-national/

https://umassathletics.com/news/2019/8/5/umass-announces-football-broadcast-partnership-with-flosports-nesn-home-game-kickoff-times.aspx

Is there a web site with suggestions where to stay in Amherst? Pretty sure I’m going to be at the game. It would be nice to stay at a place near campus and a bar district.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...