Game 29- Ohio University

clarkwgriswold

The 12-15 kittens come to the JAR Saturday.  They have lost 7 of their last 8 games, somehow coming away with a win last week against BG in Athens.  It would appear that OU Fans are just waiting for the end of the season to see Saul dispatched so that the rebuild can begin.  To demonstrate the depths of OU's misery, the headline in today's OU sports website reads "Ohio Men's Basketball Fights Kent State to the End of the Road".  6'8" redshirt sophomore forward Jason Carter leads OU scoring and rebounding at 16.9 ppg and 7.0 rpg. In the MAC, they are scoring 68 a game while giving up 76.

I don't know that any game is a "must win" before the MAC tourney but I see this as a huge game.

• It is one we should win when you look at the standings.
  • It is at home.
  • It comes as the team seems to be improving and progressing.
  • When Groce's teams have been successful in March they usually had a "launching pad" game that got them headed in the right direction. This one would seem to make sense.
  • Its Ohio University
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, GJGood said:

I don't know that any game is a "must win" before the MAC tourney but I see this as a huge game.

• It is one we should win when you look at the standings.
  • It is at home.
  • It comes as the team seems to be improving and progressing.
  • When Groce's teams have been successful in March they usually had a "launching pad" game that got them headed in the right direction. This one would seem to make sense.
  • Its Ohio University

It would also be nice to put a morale and spirit breaking @$$ whoopin' on them if we have to face them again in a couple of weeks.

• Like 4

Akron has been playing well even when they have been losing on the road and despite the fact that Ivey has had difficulty putting the ball in the basket.  We beat them badly on the road, our only road win.  We have been playing well at home and our only home loss was to Buffalo.  This looks like a route on paper but this is the MAC where anything can happen.  I would love to see the Zips play a great game with a high shooting percentage and a high assist rate to turnover ratio.  We are getting close to the tournament and need Ivey to get out of his shooting slump and start making some shots and limit the turnovers.  Would like to see Jackson shoot more short jumpers than 3 point attempts and more assists than turnovers.  I believe that Jackson is a key player.  Cheese has outperformed everyone on the team and we can get other players to step up their game anything can happen at tournament time.  I watched part of the Buffalo game last night and noticed how much they rely on their 3 points shooting.  If they are cold from the outside they are beatable.  You just have to keep them off the offensive boards.

2 minutes ago, ZIPS96 said:

Every team plays a horrible half sometimes, but this team doesn’t appear to care.

Exactly! Nobody seemed to be the least bit upset. Including the coaching staff.