2019 Predictions!

Balsy

On 3/3/2019 at 10:19 PM, LZIp said:

vs. UAB - W.  I admittedly could be a little bit ignorant here, but IIRC, UAB lost a lost from their talented team last season. Being that its so soon since they've been back, I'm not sure they have equal replacement level-depth waiting to take over.

Turns out I was pretty spot on.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/3/11/18237536/uab-football-2019-preview-schedule-roster

On 3/5/2019 at 7:31 AM, feetg10 said:

L @ ILL 

L vs UAB

W @ CMU

L vs Troy 

W @ UMASS

W vs Kent

W vs Buffalo 

L @ NIU

W @ BGSU

W vs EMU

L @ Miami

W vs Ohio 

7 - 5.  6 - 2 in the MAC.

Offensive  MVP Kato Nelson

Defensive MVP  Alvin Davis 

MAC Champ.     Ohio

Maybe I'm being a bit of a Homer here but I think we should be a contender right away.  Coaching and Motivation were 90% of our problem last year. If Arth is worth a lick at all then he should have success with this group. 

Nelson the O MVP,interesting. He may very well be the starter. Not completely convinced of that with a new sheriff in town. Lets see.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 1:49 PM, kreed5120 said:

I think, or at least hope, that people recognize Arth inherited a 4-8 devoid of talent and will give him a free pass for at least this season.

Oh dear god...and so begins the "bye-year" discussion for Arth.  :lol:  (this is a joke...kinda...ironic maybe?)

On 3/9/2019 at 6:12 PM, Lee Adams said:

Nobody is more tired of the mediocrity in this program than I am. Lets see who is still standing in August,please.

Hey, I might actually attend 2 whole games this year.  Especially since the Kent game is FINALLY IN A REASONABLE MONTH!

17 hours ago, Lee Adams said:

Nelson the O MVP,interesting. He may very well be the starter. Not completely convinced of that with a new sheriff in town. Lets see.

Agreed.  Except I think it's hard for any of us to pick anyone other than the QB.  Ramart didn't look to good last year (product of the offense?) and Neither did Nelson...but who has Arth brought in that could supplant either of them?  It's mostly an easy go-to thing.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...