Game 31- PCCC

The rivalry will be revisited Friday night as the Zips head into the arena with the worst sight lines in college basketball and fans in the GA seats look on in bewilderment unable to see what happens on the near sideline.  Mr. Pinky's Flushes enter the game at 21-9, fresh off of a win over Miami.  They are 10-7 in the MAC.  The PCC offense revolves around guard Jaylin Walker who averages 21.9 a game.  The Zips held him to 10 points on 4 for 19  shooting (0 for 10 on 3 pointers) in the 72-53 Zips win on February 8th.  Let's hope Jimond shuts him down Friday as the Flushes tend to go as Walker goes.

Can't believe Kent is in line to head straight to CLE. Damn the great atmosphere - I enjoy The Q FAR more when it's devoid of Pantone color 'Kent State Pee Yellow' and the curmudgeons who like to cover themselves in it.

Dismissing the OU game as outside of our defensive effort bell curve, I'm looking for our guys to gift Kent one more home game. Same 'D,' have enough guys deliver on offense and we're good. 

:screwks:

• Like 1

I am out of town from Friday night to later in the day Monday.  That leaves it all to you guys to pull the Zips through in Ravenna.  Don't let me down.  Hope to be back in time for Monday's game.  They were nice enough to move the game to 8:00 just for me so I would hate to let them down.

Also, if someone thinks about it, once the Zips have an opponent, please throw up a thread for Monday night's contest.  I may not get a chance to do it.  

23 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I am out of town from Friday night to later in the day Monday.  That leaves it all to you guys to pull the Zips through in Ravenna.  Don't let me down.  Hope to be back in time for Monday's game.  They were nice enough to move the game to 8:00 just for me so I would hate to let them down.

Also, if someone thinks about it, once the Zips have an opponent, please throw up a thread for Monday night's contest.  I may not get a chance to do it.  

Anything else?

15 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

I know the AK-Rowdies have snuck into enemy territory before, but what about you guys on here? Is attending a Zips game at Can't State considered convenient or sacrilegious?

(Time to move over to the TV)

I've learned to stay away. Zips men have never won or played well when I've gone over there.

22 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

I know the AK-Rowdies have snuck into enemy territory before, but what about you guys on here? Is attending a Zips game at Can't State considered convenient or sacrilegious?

(Time to move over to the TV)

I go when I am in town.  PCCC is actually very close to where I live.

3 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

I did notice the poor sight lines for the people on the upper deck. Brutal.

At least at the JAR the people in bad seats can see through the glass.  I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they designed the MACC Center.  It must have been their Architecture School's fine work.

• Like 1

Jackson took 2 three ball bricks in the first minute.  He has scored a couple of free throws but has not scored from the field.  He continues to disappoint on the road.  Maybe he will pick it up in the second half.  It was nice seeing E man with a post up move even though it did not go in.  Both teams are struggling with their shooting.  This is a winnable game if we can make some shots.  

• Like 1